This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14814

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
VW_Nut
Re: Nitrous   Posted Thu Jul 1, 04   2:09 PM     

Thanks, what size kit do you think will work in my application?

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Nitrous   Posted Fri Jul 2, 04   3:11 PM     

A poor mans turbo? How do you know it isnt like saying "Turbo, a poor mans Nitrous" Get with the deal.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
D15powerd
Re: Nitrous   Posted Fri Jul 2, 04   8:45 PM     

i'm so lost. I guess cuz nitrous kits are like $600 and turbo kits are $3000+.....

There's nothing better than beating your domestic with less displacement than a coke bottle....so stick that in your pooper.
D15powerd
Re: Nitrous   Posted Fri Jul 2, 04   8:48 PM     

take your stock hp number, cut it in half, and that's what "shot" of nitrous you should run on your stock engine.
Example: A honda civic DX engine makes around 106hp, you can safely run a 50shot on this engine.

There's nothing better than beating your domestic with less displacement than a coke bottle....so stick that in your pooper.
LS6
Re: Nitrous   Posted Mon Jul 5, 04   9:32 PM     

for a nitrus kit go w/ venom but like someone said a turbos better even tho theyre expencive. it basically comes down to what u wanna do w/ the car. either leave it pretty much stock, add a nitrus kit an take 2 seconds off yr 1/4 mile time but have to refil the bottle every few runs or jus save up get the turbo knock more than 2 seconds off ur 1/4 mile time an never have to refil anything. in the long run the turbo will prolly work out to be cheaper if u keep the car.

BadAssDodge

Re: Nitrous   Posted Mon Jul 5, 04   10:45 PM     

not only that but with the turbo the power is always there, like a supercharger, with the nitrous your car only has balls when you push that lil button, the turbo is the best choice

Faster & More Furious
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Nitrous   Posted Tue Jul 6, 04   2:07 AM     

Yeah but you dont wanna be keepin it real ALL the time. Diddnt you see that episode of chapelle show?

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
VW_Nut
Re: Nitrous   Posted Tue Jul 6, 04   3:22 PM     

Thanks, but I dont think there is a 20hp kit, I've only seen 50hp for the lowest.
I'll wait for my new heads and such so the motor can handle the fury.

GTP_Sleeper

Re: Nitrous   Posted Tue Jul 6, 04   3:31 PM     

fag

13.09 @ 104.7
Fastest 04GP in the world

Working for 12s with the stock cam, blower, heads, and trans.
Mods, Timeslips, Race Videos...
VW_Nut
Re: Nitrous   Posted Wed Jul 7, 04   12:52 PM     

Look at me!! I'm GTP !!!

ms692
Re: Nitrous   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   12:35 PM     

still trying to sell that old nitrous kit ? damn its been a while since i've posted here but things havent changed much, neon is still selling nitrous kits, kids still talking lots of shit. honestly i kinda miss it. ahhh fuck you all. ur all bent

you can go fast but i can go anywhere because i own a land rover
nismo
turbos   Posted Sat Aug 14, 04   9:18 AM     

wot is the best turbo for a supra or skyline

D15powerd
Re: turbos   Posted Sat Aug 14, 04   10:47 AM     

That was completely off topic. But probably the ball-bearing turbo's from Apexi or the GT-series ones from HKS, also ball-bearing. Or just go with Garrett. Was this a Need For Speed Underground related question or something? lol

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)