This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2193

ToxicCarbon
TurboCharger AND SuperCharger??   Posted Tue Apr 26, 05   10:41 PM     

Can I put a TurboCharger AND SuperCharger on the SAME Engine? ~Toxic

buddhakwake
Re: TurboCharger AND SuperCharger??   Posted Wed Apr 27, 05   12:41 PM     

it is possible and has been done (1980's MR2 for one example that was available from but has since been discontinued by hks) but it's damn near impossible to find a setup already designed, and doing the design work yourself can be a bitch (trying to do it myself now). so unless you are an engineer or have lots of time on your hands (preferably both) I don't recommend it. Personally I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to realizing my limitations so I haven't given up yet.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
hooyeah
Re: TurboCharger AND SuperCharger??   Posted Thu Apr 28, 05   2:24 PM     

possible yes..overengineered and pointless probably i wouldnt bother with it

5 minute rice...im assuming they're reffering to 0-60 times
FastFiveO
Re: TurboCharger AND SuperCharger??   Posted Thu Apr 28, 05   7:03 PM     

yes its very possible to do being as turbo's run off of the headers and s/c runs off of the belt but its very costly

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
GTP_Sleeper

Re: TurboCharger AND SuperCharger??   Posted Mon May 2, 05   4:04 PM     

There was a Grand Prix that just had this done and ran in Michigan a couple weeks ago at the MGM event. Pretty complex setup but it ran very well, I think it trapped 123mph. And incase anyone is ignorant that is a great trap for a grand prix with this setup.

I have pics and vids of it if anyone is interested.

11.91 @ 114.8 (1.75) 347whp 382tq
#8 FWD M90 3800 in North America!
#1 Highest whp and fastest FWD M90 3800 on stock heads in the world!
Mod Page