This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 3035

uglystick
Why is it wierd?   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   4:01 AM     

He only took one run, I had been talking to a friend of his, a guy who looks like paulie from occ, but with more spiked hair, another pro bracket racer who just outgrew the briggs class jr dragsters - i think his name was adam? anyway, he waved me up , i shut the a/c and the stereo off and ate the guy for lunch. too bad i didn't do the math on the fly to figure out that meant i'd categorically broken out. his reaction time was a .017...not bad at all, but not great either for a pro. mine was like a .570 as i shat chunks of run flat tire all over the track.

supposedly there were a few kids in the stands saying it was a girly car during that run then they about shit themselves when i did my burnout and run. it would do a real healthy one tire burnout, after the clutch went in at the end of the burn it'd totally want to haul ass until i hit the brakes.

it's nice to have friends in the stands to hear what people say ;-)

jason

GTP_Sleeper

Re: Why is it wierd?   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   4:05 AM     

Thats cool you got to run against some people. They just haven't done that the last 4-5 fridays I have been there. Usually it is just one car at a time.

I wish I could get .01 RTs consistently!

12.97 @ 105.5

12s on stock cam, blower, heads, trans, throttlebody, diff, no IC, and no burnouts.
Mods, Timeslips, Race Videos...
uglystick
Re: Why is it wierd?   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   4:11 AM     

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? One car at a time? You have got to be shitting me. That would cut the amount of runs in HALF.

Show us your time slips with no competitor next to it and I'll compare it to the 4 they gave me. I ran against an LSVTEC Red Hatch Civic, a B16 old school integra, the bug and an RS8, whupped em all except the hatch, my launch sucked - and he ran 14.10's.

jason
p.s. yo red, your site is spitting posts all over the place. this topic was generated as a reply to another topic...odd, plus i've been getting SQL errors left and right. just a heads up.

GTP_Sleeper

Re: Why is it wierd?   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   4:29 AM     

Normally they only do one lane at a time on test and tune nights. There are alot of funny cars and sub 10 second cars. I wouldn't even want to run next to one of those things.

Here are a few slips:
[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

Sorry about the quality.

12.97 @ 105.5

12s on stock cam, blower, heads, trans, throttlebody, diff, no IC, and no burnouts.
uglystick
Re: Why is it wierd?   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   4:34 AM     

When is test and tune night? Fridays or Wednesdays? You're goin out with the big boys it looks like. I was out there with the cattle.

Jason

GTP_Sleeper

Re: Why is it wierd?   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   4:37 AM     

you probably went on wednesday then. There are alot of people those nights. Running one lane at a time would be madness! LOL

Wednesday is the bracket racing night. Time trials from 5-6pm and then bracket racing.

I like the fridays since the track seems to be prepped a little better. Proabably alot more VHT.

12.97 @ 105.5

uglystick
Re: Why is it wierd?   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   4:41 AM     

fuck man since i've been without a job i can never remember what day it is. it WAS wednesday.

as for the track prep, you don't have the import awd fags pissing all over the staging beams with their intercooler sprays either!!

jason

uglystick
Re: Why is it wierd?   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   4:43 AM     

where do you live? that's a nice driveway!

jason