This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 14710

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
ms692
BAN STREET RACING   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   9:56 AM     

please post your views on banning street racing

you can go fast but i can go anywhere because i own a land rover
SuperKid
Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   10:25 AM     

It shouldn't be banned. It's more exciting to race on the street than on the track. It's not as dangerous as people think. Everyone thinks F&F is like a documntary on street racing they think it's actually like that. Ricers make street racing dangerous. They modify their cars improperly and drive like idiots.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
ms692
Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   11:31 AM     

F&F is a documntary on street racing u retard

you can go fast but i can go anywhere because i own a land rover
SubaLegRacer

Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   2:08 PM     

F&F is a close documentary of street racing, yes. But not 100% accurate. As for the basic topic of this post, no street racing should not be banned. It is a sense of enjoyment that only poor a$$ ricers find offensive.

Racer Of The Unknown
SuperKid
Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   6:28 PM     

You're an idiot.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
talljosh85
Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   12:26 AM     

close documentary of streetracing? you're kidding, right? have you seen the movie and a street race? you've gotta be joking around, F&F was so far from the truth, parts of it are painful to watch. really painful. how many n/a pos eclipses do you know of running 10s? what about 300hp rx-7s doing the same? or mostly stock GSRs? a blown charger could run 9s, but the one in the film was a fake. how many people do you know that bet thousands of dollars or pink slips racing people they've never seen run before? it doesn't happen every night, and not everyone has a car with custom paint, graphics, etc. sorry to rant if you're kidding, but if you are serious, maybe you shouldn't post on this site anymore, you will just get flamed, especially for comments like that. nothing personal, but, seriously, you've joking, right?

oh yeah, street racing is banned. they take your car, charge you $1k+, and you can go to jail on top of that as well. name one place in the us where street racing is legal (not sanctioned and official like Silver State). if it exists, I'm going there this summer.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
D15powerd
Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Thu Jul 22, 04   1:19 PM     

IMO, F&F was never a documentary. I read the article put out by one of the dudes who wrote the script, and it seemed like it started that way...until hollywood got a hold of it. Now that I think about it, it was on the F&F website when it first came out. F&F is bullshit, the movie started so much shit for the underground racing scene. Thanks to that movie, ricers were born in my eyes. Kids taking whatever car they can get their hands on, adding an APC exhaust, wing and altezzas...and then racing ANYONE they can until they get into accidents. The movie spawned a generation of import idiots.
But back to the question....no, i dont think street racing should be banned, but think about it...like a cop is going to roll up and be perfectly cool with you doing 100+ on the streets? It's still reckless driving in their book. I'm in favor of the "race-legal" events. Where it's similar to the streets, but it's supervised by CHP. I think that's the closest your going to get these days. I would much rather pay $10 to race all nite with my friends than get busted or deal with the guilt of possibily hitting an innocent car with a kid inside. I used to race and i still love it, it's part of our culture, but there are just sometimes when you have to just throw in the towel. As fun as it is, safety and keeping my car and license come first.

"11-second honda fanboy" and damn proud of it, cuz somethings are just better when ran inline and faster than 13.09.....
SuperKid
Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Fri Jul 23, 04   9:12 AM     

If by close you mean it involves people and cars then yes, it is close.

Play Gang Wars!
rutiger89
Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Sat Jul 24, 04   3:34 PM     

BAN IT???
U INSANE???

Men do less than they ought unless they do all they can
SubaLegRacer

Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Sun Jul 25, 04   11:08 AM     

Well, at least this guy knew I was only kidding and figured out that that's what i was talking about.

Racer Of The Unknown
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Wed Jul 28, 04   6:11 PM     

F&F has to be a documentary, i mean, we all know that supras jump off of bridges during races, and that evos drive backwards on the freeway, not to mention the doors that fly off the car at the push of a button with an ejector seat like its taht movie Top-Gun. The only thign i had to say during that scene was "I see Maverick, but wheres Goose?"

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
GTP_Sleeper

Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Thu Jul 29, 04   12:53 AM     

Here is the preview to FF3!!!!

Right Click and Save! Fast and the Furious 3 Preview

I can't wait.

12.97 @ 105.5

12s on stock cam, blower, heads, trans, throttlebody, diff, no IC, and no burnouts.
Mods, Timeslips, Race Videos...
sascivicricer
Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Mon Aug 2, 04   8:11 AM     

dude incase you didnt notice street racing already is illegal, its just that NOONE CARES. what did you think that the cops let us race or something?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Tue Aug 3, 04   1:13 AM     

They let you race cuz your car cant get past 65

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
NickQ
Re: BAN STREET RACING   Posted Sat Aug 7, 04   10:17 AM     

The guys that made that are good friends of mine

The rest of thier videos
www.StreetRacingChronicles.com

Thier next video will be out later this month

[External Image Removed]