This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 11004

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
D15powerd
Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Sat Jun 26, 04   1:59 PM     

I've just moved back to the valley from michigan this past year and i'm kinda depressed with the race scene here. There seems to be the people but no organization; racers but no races. When I started racing back in the Midwest the scene was small there, just a shadow of what was happening here in SoCal, but there was the support for it. Where are all the meets at? What ever happened to having the parking lot gatherings at midnite and actually seeing people coming out with their cars? I know there are people out there who still race or at least remember what it was like. Would anyone be willing to start up a meeting spot and get things going again?

tunermonkey
Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Sun Jun 27, 04   9:49 AM     

It's called police crackdown. Cops (local and CHP) are ganging up to stop any potential street racing. Even people meeting get broken up. I personally don't even bother going out on the weekends anymore. Personally I've just outgrown the whole "scene"

[External Image Removed]

If the car wasn't screaming, I wasn't racing.
BadAssDodge

Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Sun Jun 27, 04   5:26 PM     

well part of the thrill is the cops but that quickly goes away when the ticket has your name on it, but theres ways, the cops cant be there all the time, the Valley should have tons of places to race without the cops knowing, here in Los Angeles the scene isnt the same as it was 2-3 years ago. Have the cops finally won??

Faster & More Furious
talljosh85
Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Mon Jun 28, 04   12:54 AM     

The cops must never win! I really need to get out there, and Ontario as well. My wheel bearing/hub assembly should be in Wednesday, then I'll be good to go. We can't give up street racing, its part of our heritage as car guys (and gals); my dad and step dad were doing it back in the fifties and sixties, surely some on this board were as well, and if performance cars are still road driven in thirty or so years, my kids will probably do it too. It just takes effort, and using our brains, a couple of cops surely can't ruin fun for all the racers around here. Well, I for one am going to do my best to continue the tradition that has been going on for more then fifty years. Sorry about the rant, I guess it gets kinda personal. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
LS4_454
Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Mon Jun 28, 04   11:04 PM     

Everyone meets out at Burns truck stop around 11:30 on Saturday then we go to Dillon and Monroe for the races. On a good night one member brings a real christmas tree, complete with timed delayed starts.

D15powerd
Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Tue Jun 29, 04   12:27 AM     

That's so depressing to think that cops have finally won the battle and that the import scene is on the downfall. I'm going to try to be more optimistic than that. I agree, streetracing IS part of our heritage. At family gatherings I'm always hearing stories about muscle car sleepers back in the day and racing in SoCal. Guys owning two of the exact same car, one dud car and the other the race car. This valley is full of open desert roads in the middle of NOWHERE, where a cop car can be spoted miles down the road. And police scanners are like $100 for a really good one, they have saved my ass more than once and give a good few minutes to leave so you can laugh at the CHP from the bushes.
I'm just saying that it would be great to get more support out there. Even if people didn't want to take the risk of racing, they could still meet up with the group to see what other people have done new to their cars and offer tech support to those still learning (convert the ricers). It would be cool to have a CVSR members meet one nite....

Cutlass

Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Tue Jun 29, 04   1:10 PM     

people still meet up here and there but for the most part the races are small and still get busted, its not worth the trouble anymore.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
GTP_Sleeper

Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Tue Jun 29, 04   1:38 PM     

POOP

13.09 @ 104.7
Fastest 04GP in the world

Working for 12s with the stock cam, blower, heads, and trans.
Mods, Timeslips, Race Videos...
talljosh85
Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Wed Jun 30, 04   12:16 AM     

sorry, double post

Edited by talljosh85 (Wed Jun 30, 04   12:17 AM)

talljosh85
Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Wed Jun 30, 04   12:16 AM     

thanks for the info LS4_454, bringing a tree out there sounds awful professional, I wonder what the cops would think seeing that damn thing lit up?

AliensExist4
Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Fri Jul 2, 04   2:32 AM     

So is there any racing locations out here? Im sure we can all find somewhere to get 2 gether and race without allot of cop trouble or anything like that. The risk is all part of it, not like I want to get caught or anything, I just want to have some fun.

ms692
Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   10:24 AM     

wot does cvsr mean??

you can go fast but i can go anywhere because i own a land rover
SubaLegRacer

Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   2:17 PM     

This may be off the wall, but SoCal race scene did seem to fade when I last visited. Of course, this eastern guy did leave with some bragging rights, but still they are very few because no one races anymore. And if the cops are what scares you, then you have no true racing blood in you. I've outran my share of pigs, and still have been caught a few times, like right now, I am sitting on a $400 speeding ticket.. but that's nothing seeing people put $1000 into their engine easily.

Racer Of The Unknown
sascivicricer
Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Mon Aug 2, 04   1:36 PM     

cvsr means coachella valley street racing

It's a iceman intake 2, you idiot!
hooyeah
Re: Where's the SR in CVSR these days?   Posted Tue Aug 31, 04   1:47 AM     

you've outran a pig but have you ever tried catching one them little shits can move

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Pages in this thread: (1) 2