This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 10927

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
NOSBlaster
Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Thu Jun 10, 04   1:24 PM     

??? I am thinking bout gettin one

NOSBlaster
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Thu Jun 10, 04   1:27 PM     

I already got a honda civic

talljosh85
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Thu Jun 10, 04   8:51 PM     

What year? What trim? The MKV Prelude with the 5 speed is a great car to start with, the H22 can be built up, it is a great car to drive in stock form, they are good looking, reliable, well built, comfortable and affordable. My younger sister races a pretty much stock one fairly successfully (mostly against other non or lightly modded fwd imports). Stock to stock, there are many faster cars out there, ie LT1 & LS1 F bodies, FD RX-7s, TT Supras, TT 300zx, 350z, most Mustang GTs, Evo 8s, WRXs, M3s, etc, not to mention lots of muscle cars. But you could do a lot worse. It is of course FWD, so you will want to get sticky tires to improve launching when racing the car. Just some food for thought. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!

Edited by talljosh85 (Thu Jun 10, 04   8:52 PM)

LS4_454
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Sun Jun 13, 04   7:25 PM     

NO, any FWD is a poor choice, you want something that is RWD for the weight transfer.

tunermonkey
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Wed Jun 16, 04   11:05 AM     

Street racing is for fucking morons.

[External Image Removed]

If the car wasn't screaming, I wasn't racing.
GTP_Sleeper

Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Sun Jun 20, 04   12:37 AM     

In reply to:

NO, any FWD is a poor choice, you want something that is RWD for the weight transfer.

I will have to disagree with you there. I have a FWD and am pretty happy with the results.

13.18 @ 104.6
Fastest 04GP in the world

Working for 12s with the stock cam, blower, heads, and trans.
Mods, Timeslips, Race Videos...
talljosh85
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Sun Jun 20, 04   4:29 PM     

He's got a good point, low 13s in a nice sedan (or is it a coupe?) are damn good, thats running with M5s, and outrunning many Camaros, Mustangs, RX-7s, some Supras, C4 Vettes, etc.

SuperKid
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Mon Jun 21, 04   5:16 PM     

In reply to:

... I have a FWD and am pretty happy with the results.

Many people are happy with there FWD cars, but that doesn't make them good.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
LS4_454
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Tue Jun 22, 04   6:43 PM     

You'll be happy until you get your ass handed to you by my VW.

talljosh85
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Wed Jun 23, 04   7:51 PM     

With enough hp a VW could hand a lot of people their asses. I remember a turbo one at Ontario that was just walking away from everybody, it was bad ass. Maybe the 1776 in the manix could use a little boost......

SweetNeon

Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Wed Jun 23, 04   9:04 PM     

by a vw haha how cute

SweetNeon

Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Wed Jun 23, 04   9:05 PM     

does that vintage flower power car feal like it will fall apart over 60mph?

GTP_Sleeper

Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Wed Jun 23, 04   10:36 PM     

Why would a VW pass me?

Oh sorry it was your feeble attempt to disregard the fact that a FWD car can smoke most V8s if modded correctly. Are you gay, young, or just plain stupid?

13.18 @ 104.6
2nd Fastest 04GP in the world

Working for 12s with the stock cam, blower, heads, and trans.
Mods, Timeslips, Race Videos...
andypandy
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Thu Jun 24, 04   12:49 AM     

What year is it

D15powerd
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Sat Jun 26, 04   1:44 PM     

VW? hahahahha! The ONLY VW i have any respect for is the new R32. The fucking wheel fell off my friends VW, lug nuts and all, fuck vw's.
The prelude is a great platform. It's a little heavy but the 200hp h22 makes it feel light. My buddy is rocking a 93 lude with the JDM h22 fully built and it owns on the street, i would say he's pushing around the 250hp range. Sorry guys, i love my civic but RWD's will always be superior when it comes to traction....it's sad but true. Traction is the number one problem with pro fwd teams, it's not making the power, it's getting it to the ground.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2