This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 16186

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
FastFiveO
who do you think would win this race.   Posted Tue Oct 26, 04   9:45 AM     

new mach 1 or... new GTO

i know the answer lets see if you do.

DBLDREW
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Tue Oct 26, 04   2:27 PM     

Mach 1

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
NotoriouS187
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Sun Oct 31, 04   4:39 PM     

I dont realy know but the GTO has a covertte engine in it 5.7 liter v8 350 I think the gto well win in my opinon

FastFiveO
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Sun Oct 31, 04   10:13 PM     

ok, this has been up for long enough. ok, new mach 1 is a holden body and int. and all brought over here from australia droped a vette motor in it and called it a day. the mach 1 beat the GTO by about. .005 sec. k, that is the mach 1. less then a cobra more then a gt. the GTO cost a good few grand more then the mach 1 and it cant compare. i dunno what they were thinkin when they made it but. w/e i guess aleast there decent looking even though they can be beat by the mach 1 imagine what a cobra could do to it.
MM&FF did a article on it including the maker of the GTO they both tested and both ran but even the maker of the gto had to take his hat off to the maach 1

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
GTP_Sleeper

Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Mon Nov 1, 04   2:12 AM     

I thought the stock manual GTOs were running mid-high 13s at best. So a good driver in a Mach1 should win.

Aren't the GTOs heavier?

12.86 @ 107.0 (2.07)

12s on stock blower, heads, trans, throttlebody, diff, no IC, and no burnouts.
Mods, Timeslips, Race Videos...
FastFiveO
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Mon Nov 1, 04   11:56 AM     

prolly but it was a stock for stock race. and im shure if you gutted a mach 1 and a gto. because the GTO has the heavier leather seats and what not it be interesting. but as is the mach 1 ran it. you figure the GTO was pontiacs icon car pretty much so they would do more like the 05 mustang keep em light up the stock power make em handel and look like a classic with a modern edge.

buddhakwake
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Mon Nov 1, 04   3:47 PM     

the mach 1 would probably win any way you slice it, and it looks a lot better (and i don't really like any of the mustang styles between the mid 70s and 2004, but that new one is sweet).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
qwietstorm
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Thu Nov 4, 04   8:49 PM     

Ok Fast50 is full of it, read the article a couple months ago myself and GTO was faster in quarter mile every pass. It was by a little less than a tenth each time but it was first through the traps. The Cobra would have more fun with the GTO but then again if the GTO had better stock tires on it, it would be a different story. By the way, the GTO has a Holden body, not a Mach 1, and the Australian body has been 4 door not 2.

FastFiveO
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Thu Nov 4, 04   9:03 PM     

sayin im liein. holden is chevy. and pretty much all the gto is ,is a holden body. and if you would read it agin.. they ran em a few times get warmed up to em and get the cars runnin right. finaly they got use to em. the ford guys and the "maker" of the gto. they each swaped sides. gave there likes and dis likes. the mach 1 was a lil faster running right the last few times they ran em. and bam... another victory for the mach 1.... retard... thinkin i said mach 1 with a chevy body are you blind.... yeah i had a mistype and all but anyone with common sence could know what im talking about

qwietstorm
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Thu Nov 4, 04   9:36 PM     

Dude, just read YOUR very FIRST post. You mistakenly said "Mach 1 is a holden body." And yes you're a fuckin' lie! The GTO was faster and I've also read several articles that said if the GTO had better rear tires that it would easily pick up at least a tenth or two.

BlownGTP

Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Fri Nov 5, 04   8:46 AM     

The GTO is a holden with pontiac tags. Are you talking about the new GTO's for this year or last years model? They did away with the 350 and brought the 6.0 LS2 motor into play. 400 HP and 395 lb/ft. There is also a Judge in the works. The GTO should have an easy win with that kind of power. Take a look.Rmember fastfiveo, 2004 was just a test year for the GTO. There is better to come.

[url=www.fast-autos.net/news/92104.html]http://www.fast-autos.net/news/92104.html[/url]

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Edited by BlownGTP (Fri Nov 5, 04   8:55 AM)

FastFiveO
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Fri Nov 5, 04   8:47 AM     

yeah, you would think but it didnt. the mach 1 won the racees. it was the new GTO and the new Mach 1. and of corse theres better to come... for the new mustangs and the new gto's....

DBLDREW
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Fri Nov 5, 04   1:25 PM     

Here is a link to a mustang site…

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0407mm_mach/

Mach 1- 13.47
GTO - 13.54

And here is a link to a Pontiac site…

http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/features/0407pon_gtotest/

Mach 1 – 13.47
GTO – 13.52

Both cars are virtually the same, but the Mach 1 is slightly faster in the 1/4

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
FastFiveO
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Fri Nov 5, 04   1:33 PM     

thank you... even tho i was off on the times.

Edited by FastFiveO (Fri Nov 5, 04   1:35 PM)

NotoriouS187
Re: who do you think would win this race.   Posted Fri Nov 5, 04   5:18 PM     

If you read to those websites it says the Mach 1 can win only if your a good driver...GTO is slight faster though even with its heavyness...

Pages in this thread: (1) 2