This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 18593

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
hooyeah
Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:26 PM     

i don't follow imports much i measure my engines in cid no litres so i'll agree **nods and smiles**

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
integraracer9x
Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   7:47 AM     

Hey thanx for the idea. I would have never thought about the GSR engine. I was thinking of the Type R engine emediately without considering anything smaller. I never thought about what mods would work. Thanx a ton Nova. Thanx a ton all. I'll attempt to locate a 94-95 GSR [B18C1 170hp @ 7600rpm/128lbs-ft @ 6200rpm with a y80 hydraulic trans.] For those who measure in cc's: 1797cc, and a compression ratio of 10.0:1.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
novaboy

Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:08 AM     

no prollem man! the tr is bad ass but its already done up so there is not many mods for it. i dont think any one turbos them. youll like the gsr...a few people say that it is one of the best turboed 4's. thats the way i would go. as a friend in high school once said obout his gsr.."a hunded and sendy horse powaa!!! vroom vroom!!!"

novaboy
integraracer9x
Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:49 AM     

Hells yea.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
integraracer9x
Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   11:09 AM     

I'll start checking the companies that resell engines. Hopefully I'll be able to find an engine for around $3000, but I know most will run around $4000. Oh well life's expensive.

PyroSage
Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Tue Apr 30, 02   10:03 PM     

get the Type R...do you have the LS, RS, or GS? I mean it wouldnt really matter b/c those are all the same engine..but...what body style is it? I'm just wondering out of curiosity..but definitely wait for the R...the R..is by far the best...

Fay-Town Import Kidz
PyroSage
Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Tue Apr 30, 02   10:08 PM     

i forgot something.. lol... LS stock engine starts at about 135 or 140 horses.... type r is pretty much 200... gsr is around 170 or 180... but the headers will only add like 20 more horsepower...so yeah.. actually... the best thing to do... if you have an unlimited supply of money, is to get a gsr block and a LS head put them together then turbocharge it oooh yeah...

Fay-Town Import Kidz
novaboy

Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Tue Apr 30, 02   11:10 PM     

you really dont know what you are talking about do you. putting on an ls head would make it slower!!!!! silly!!!

novaboy
j0k3r

Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Wed May 1, 02   11:05 AM     

She is saying to use the LS head because the GSR head sucks ass for boost.

---------- [External Image Removed]
integraracer9x
Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Wed May 1, 02   11:36 AM     

Damn I'm starting to enjoy talking to her.

integraracer9x
Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Wed May 1, 02   11:39 AM     

Sorry, my mind was tripping. I'm still going to run for a GSR engine, because as Novaboy said before, and as I've been finding while I research, the GSR engine seems to have an unlimited supply of advanced mods, where as the Type R still lacks the aftermarket resources. And PyroSage's right, the LS head would be a great idea, coupled with the GSR engine.

novaboy

Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Wed May 1, 02   12:24 PM     

sure if you want a 130hp engine to start with. rather the b16 for boost. it will handel it just as well if not better than a gsr ls hybrid.

novaboy
Kutsuju_racing
Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Wed May 1, 02   9:36 PM     

Man none of you guys know about hondas! Nova the Type R and GSR are the same exact motor why do you think you can put Civic type r parts in a ITR motor? you don't know diddly there bud! Please don't listen to these guys.....man it's all on you do you want to pass emissions? if you do go with the Type R motor or you can go balls out with a T3/T4 turbo and build your motor for more boost and get like 260+ from your current motor it's all on you...but look at my germany chapter Dre's integra is running an ITR motor and Aarron is running a fully built GSR motor with JG head...etc...etc and he's barely starting to pull on dre with his built ITR motor and he weighs more then 200lbs less....I would go with the ITR motor if you want to pass emissions like I said before..www.kutsujuracing.com Germany chapter.

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres
novaboy

Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Wed May 1, 02   11:35 PM     

yea cool but the itr engine is twice as much.....why do you thin that i dont know anything bout hondas? i was in the game before you! i got out cus it sucks!!!!!!!

novaboy
integraracer9x
Re: Yet another question for all:   Posted Thu May 2, 02   7:43 AM     

I think I'll just go spoon. What do you think?

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3