This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14741

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
integraracer9x
Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   12:38 PM     

I just convinced a friend of mine to sell his old 91 Pontiac Grand Am and pick up a Honda Civic DX 4dr. Now off hand I know that sounds like a down grade, however this particular car has a Tsudo Exhaust and the intake manifold seems to have been ported and polished. The AC system and compressor have been removed. Nothing else very special to this car past that. Now, being the mechanic to all of my friends that I am, he asked me what he should do with his car first. I'm a virtual parts list so I could start naming of catalogs untill the cows come home, however I just thought it would be best to ask you guys your opinion on which parts to invest in first. I'm thinking of suggesting CAI, Tru-Time Cam's or a Tru-Time Pulley. What do you guys think? Thanx in advance.

P.S. No Super/Turbo chargers or NOS just yet. He's only got money enough for something semi-expensive like headers. Again, thanx in advance.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
LethalToy

Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   6:52 PM     

A cam and intake will complement the exhaust that is already there. A big bore throttle body and or spacer would help also.

----------------------------------------------------------- 1993/84 Toyota 4x4's, '97 T/A 190+mph, 11 sec. Malibu 1/4 mile car
hooyeah
Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   10:55 PM     

anything but neon lights u r his guidance lead him on the right path where things don't always glow

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
LethalToy

Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   10:57 PM     

nothin wrong with neon. It doesn't slow you down and it's way cool to have at a pit party. The chicks loooove it. Nothing like makin out to the cool blue glow under the stars at night. Whoa.....flashback, mmmmmm happy thoughts

----------------------------------------------------------- 1993/84 Toyota 4x4's, '97 T/A 190+mph, 11 sec. Malibu 1/4 mile car
hooyeah
Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:08 PM     

hmmm true whoa future dreams

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
LethalToy

Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:09 PM     

neons okay as long as performance comes first as a priority

hooyeah
Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:12 PM     

yes but all the neons would effectively do is make the cops say hey a group of imports and bam yours stands out oopsies

LethalToy

Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:16 PM     

put em on a switch and shut em down when the law rolls through

hooyeah
Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:16 PM     

undercover cops undercover cops gotta love em

LethalToy

Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:18 PM     

gotta love 'em cause you can't shoot 'em

hooyeah
Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:19 PM     

who says u can't?

integraracer9x
Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   7:11 AM     

That's true, if he's not supposed to be there in the first place, and he can't blow his cover, just take him out to a race strip, shoot him and bury the body. My name is Evil... ...Doctor Evil... j/k.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
LethalToy

Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   9:32 AM     

Have you done this before? lol

integraracer9x
Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:51 AM     

Well, there have been these mysterious dissappearances going on within the chicagoland area's police departments... lol

Aldo1

Re: Got a couple of questions, I'd like some opinions.   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   8:18 PM     

Lol this is great I love this place.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3