This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 2200

integraracer9x
AEM Standalone Fuel Management System.   Posted Thu Apr 18, 02   9:27 AM     

I'm considering picking up a AEM Standalone Fuel Management System. I've got a laptop which can more than handle the program, but I'm just wondering weather or not it would be worth it to run it? Has anyone else here used it? What do you think of it? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm almost sure I'm gonna purchase it but I'm worried that it might mess with my mods and goof something up. Especially worried about my JET modified ECU. Thanx in advance for the advice.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."

Edited by integraracer9x (Thu Apr 18, 02   9:30 AM)

novaboy

Re: AEM Standalone Fuel Management System.   Posted Thu Apr 18, 02   3:03 PM     

i dont know much about it but i know that steph runs it in his car. so it must be pretty dang good! i down loaded a demo version of the softwhere and its pretty complex. lots of tuning and goodies like that. i think if you didnt know what you were doing you could foul somthing up....when you can control everything in the fuel map and the ignition timing and stuff like that. it is pretty good. um...i dont thinkits gonna make the car really but the more you mod the better this will help. it will take a lot of guess work out. hope this helps...go to www.aempower.com and down load the demo...its pretty good. as far as ecu's the 3 other choices are jet,venom, and i think apexi makes one....i know they make a kick ass fuel manegment system most every fast turbo i see has it. the afc.

novaboy
fonzarelli
Re: AEM Standalone Fuel Management System.   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   3:24 AM     

Just make sure you charge your laptop batteries well ;P

allmotor_civic

Re: AEM Standalone Fuel Management System.   Posted Thu Apr 25, 02   5:13 AM     

Be careful if you truely are thinking of purchacing the $1500 AEM engine management unit. Many of the ClubSi guys are having problems with AEM's software and are getting little to no help from AEM corperate. I haven't seen anything to warrant the use of AEM :EM as DFI gen. 2 is much more user friendly at similar cost. For that matter so is FAST (the engine management formerly known as SpeedPro) which our race team uses to make 662 HP out of a 2.2 liter.
Also as far as Steph goes, he isn't using AEM:EM, yet. If you were to look into his car the only thing running to the AEM unit are faux wiring. Under the sheet metal dash is a complete Accel DFI setup. AEM only supplies cam gears to the worlds fastest Honda (not really a honda).
Later,
Dan
P.S. this information on Steph's car is based off of the last NHRA race.

ALLMOTOR WHAT?
novaboy

Re: AEM Standalone Fuel Management System.   Posted Fri Apr 26, 02   4:20 AM     

no i talked to steph at sema and he said he was switching to a race version of the unit. but you know....i only talked to him...what could that mean?

novaboy