This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 19787

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
gsrin10s
how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:09 AM     

so whats the fastest car youve heard of 4cyl 2.2ltr or less / turbo/super charged/ nitros????
any street registered in the 8 or 9s

greg
uglystick
Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   11:11 AM     

there are none in the low 12's, junior. and you ain't got a ten second gsr, cut the lying out or i'm going to verbally bitch slap you through a firewall.

otherwise, i also want to know an honest answer to this question.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Stryker
Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   12:36 PM     

Shit, son! You can barely get a muscle car down to the 8's and 9's while keepin it street legal. Just how stupid are you?

~~~::::<Scorpion Stryker>::::~~~
MrPeabody

Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   6:52 PM     

There's some street legal one's in the low 12's even a teg running high 11's. If your talking non street legal, 4 cyls have gotten into the mid to high 8's, and that's front wheel drive to. The fastest stock 4 bangers would probobly be the Type R's, (still talking front wheel drive here,) they run high 13's stock. Don't get me wrong, I like all cars, but the idea of getting a 4 banger econo box comuter car to run low 12's reliably and still getting 20 plus miles to the gallon is pretty friggin impressive. He's too well known now, but a year or so back there was this guy running a Huyndai (think that's spelled right) Tiburan that ran 10's. He had two turbocharged 4 bangers running methenol and it was all wheel drive, tranny in back tranny up front. Talk about a sleeper, no intercooler to give it away or nothing...

-Ben

storm

Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:03 PM     

hmmm, 14 years old u think?, i don't know but i know that your not telling us the true story about the gsr if any gsr at all, i don't really care what people do to a gsr like that i don't think it would run 10's!, u may have a gsr and u would like to to run 10's so u named yourself that, and u may not know much about cars, i don't know but we have had alot of little 14 year olds just dreaming of having 10 sec cars, so if im a little harsh, u'll know why, u may be legal ag i don't know i got no proof but just warning u, if u r 14 or something round that age just tell us, and it will be ok we won't be as harsh on u.(this is'nt to get off to a bad start or anything just i don't like people lying to us about stuff)
And back to the title of this i got 2 words for ya, 'YOUR DREAMING!'

MrPeabody

Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:07 PM     

Um... are you serious. Do I have to go get the issue number and date so you can see the article about these cars in Sport Compact? I never said I have one of these cars, I never said they were better than anyone else. I'm just stating facts. Pay attention to drag racing man, watch the sport compact series races on ESPN, read the mags, it's tru dude. And no i'm not a 14 year old ricer, i've tried to state that from the time I started posting...

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:13 PM     

"Well man, my buddy who's got this sweet 88 eclipse with a shiftkit, custom pedals, carbon rims, resinator, AND a sweet paintjob that looks like a car from the Fast and the Furious and they ran 10s and 9s! HE'S EVEN GOT NOS."

The above is what some retarded import racer wannabee would say to answer your question. I really doubt you'll find too many 4clys that running 9s (LET ALONE 8s) and almost NONE that are streetlegal. Anyone who tells you they have a 10 second or better 4cly car is most likely talking out of his ass.

it's not impossible to have a 4cly import that is that fast...but it's VERY unlikely.

storm

Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:20 PM     

i was'nt talking to u peaboy i was talking to gsrin10's
and matt i know there most likly r a few 10 sec 4 cyls out there but everything to me is pointing to this is not one of them, i know lancers alot with them mods it would'nt go 10 to a 1/4

Edited by storm (Mon Sep 16, 02   7:22 PM)

MrPeabody

Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:33 PM     

I totally agree. The cars I'm talking about arent owned by a bunch of rice boys with 10 foot wings and stickers all over the place. The 12 sec civic I was reffering to is a civic hatch, guessing a 96 or so, owned buy a guy named John Englelcke. It was featured in the Sept 2001, Vol 17, No 9 edition of turbo and high tech performance. The car has a B18C completely reworked by JG Engine Dynamics in Alhambra. "It has a JG Generation 2 Pro series setup, completely reworked bottom end, sleeved with ductile iron units. It has a 10:0:1 comp ratio and forged pistons. Micro polished crank and forged rods, all blueprinted. Head is also completely reworked all resurfaced with 5 angle valve job stainless steel valves, high tension springs and titanium retainers. Cams of course. JG Engineering turbo kit, T4 turbo manifold custom XS T04S turbo, tial wastgate APEXi AVC-D, GTR intercooler, JG Edelbrock intake manifold, 900cc injectors, JG fuel rail, Paxton fuel pressure regulator all on a Motec M4 Pro management system. It makes 294 HP on 92 octane and tacs out at 9500 RPM and gets 20 plus miles to the gallon. Give me a wjile and i'll find the stats for the teg, I think it's running somwhere shy of 500 HP. And those 8 sec front wheel drive 4 cyls do exist, just keep an eye on ESPN.

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:36 PM     

AH... miscomunication, no prob.

-Ben

storm

Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:36 PM     

opps sorry about the peaboy thing i just saw it then

hooyeah
Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:57 PM     

there are 8 second civics out there espn and speed channel show import drags once in a while it's interesting alot of the better cars are rear drivers though

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

ford thats just the way it works
MrPeabody

Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   8:00 PM     

Totally man. Front wheel drive can be a pain. Traction is the key, I mean check out the speeds they reach.. 165 miles per hour and in the 10's... that says allot.

-BEn

storm

Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   8:06 PM     

yeah but think of how much $$ u would have to put into the car and u would have to know what sort of stuff to put in it

MrPeabody

Re: how quick is the fastest 4cyl jap car??   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   8:11 PM     

Yeah, the cars that run 10's and lower arent street cars. They're sponsored teams that have factory support, so 700 hp isn't a big deal for them, it's just trying to overcome the less traction in front wheel drive cars...

-BEn

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3