This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 12692

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
MrPeabody

Engine Swap Q   Posted Sat Sep 14, 02   7:54 PM     

Hey,
I'm serously thinking about swaping a JDM B16A into my civ. I've been researching it for quite some time now and the only thing that troubles me about the swap is if i'll be able to smog it. Now I have talked to a whole lot of people about this, from shops to other MB's, and the answers still comes out to about 50/50. 50% say no way could it be smogged and 50% say sure no prob. I respect everyone's opionions here so I thought I might ask. Will it be possible to smog the B16 in my civ? I plan on a complete tune-up, leakdown, and compression test before I try to smog, and a new cat. What do you guys think?

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Sat Sep 14, 02   11:36 PM     

it will smog as long as ur fuel pressure is set back to stock, cam degrees are put back to 0, and ect but the bigest part is that cat, you can put a b18 in that civ and more then likely it would smog unless you have to go to a test only station

MrPeabody

Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Sun Sep 15, 02   1:11 AM     

Cool, thanks for the tip.
By the way, what are you running on that neon? I saw the clip where you kept up with that camino...

-Ben

1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Sun Sep 15, 02   4:35 PM     

only good he's brought to the fourm yet, little prick

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?
BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Sun Sep 15, 02   9:58 PM     

maybe he is smart...wow

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK ..MMMM MY TRUCK LOVES TO EAT IMPORTS...RICE IS GOODDDDD...!
storm

Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   12:57 AM     

only thing he knows about?, lol, j/k
i agree with him on it but im not sure about the fuel thing, u should be able to keep it as is but i don't know much about fuel stuff so ill try find out about it

uglystick
Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   12:58 PM     

hey y'all, so chad's a cocky little prick. so what? he knows his shit, lets welcome him this time instead of playing into the attitude. he's just fuckin with ya.

again, one more place i can say that neon is cool...at the high end it tachs like my bimmer does. zip, next gear, zip, next gear, zip, next gear, zip, overdrive.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
BlownGTP

Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   2:16 PM     

well, you cant get anybody to like him. He might be fuckin with us but everytime i think he is joking around, he does somthing to prove me wrong. Trust me, i want to get along with him and everybody i can but there is a time and place to be an asshole.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Kutsuju_racing
Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Thu Sep 19, 02   9:13 PM     

The big question lies in the fact weither they care if the motor is different or not. I haven't had to smog yet but I'll find out in about 6 months. I know from what I've heard over here is that as long as you have all the emisions for your year and up your good to go. meaning you can't put a 88 motor in a 90 car, but you can put a 94 motor in a 90 car. that's what I did and your actually running better emisions compared to their rules because your going from non obd to obd 1 and you still need your cat.

then the dude I talked to said the only people that fail are the ones that have headers and internals? so I'm not to sure yet but what neon was talking about is to just deny the motor fuel so it doesn't make as much power so then it's almost like it's stock again you just can't back it off too much...get a vtec controller so then you can set your vtec to like 6,000 and they'll never see the bigger cam lobes so it will seem even weaker then stock....vtec controllers are cool I have mine kickin' in at 4,400 and it's great! Good luck man!

Kutsuju Racing Pres
MrPeabody

Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Fri Sep 20, 02   1:44 PM     

Cool man, thanks for the tips. I'm pretty sure, emisions wise, on what it's reading i'll be ok, it's just the under the hood inspection that worries me...

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Fri Sep 20, 02   3:41 PM     

50$ and a box of donuts should make it all better

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

ford thats just the way it works
1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Sat Sep 21, 02   11:49 AM     

better make it krispykreme

hooyeah
Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Sat Sep 21, 02   12:03 PM     

just a sidenote krispy kreme donuts kick fuckiing ass

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

ford thats just the way it works
1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Sat Sep 21, 02   12:05 PM     

hell yeah!

BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: Engine Swap Q   Posted Sat Sep 21, 02   12:33 PM     

brandon if u want crispy "creme"..go scrape it out of your ass...lol from what i heard...blake said u and him got pretty freaky...hahahhaa lol ..j/k ..

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK ..MMMM MY TRUCK LOVES TO EAT IMPORTS...RICE IS GOODDDDD...!
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3