This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 5363

MrPeabody

Hello all.   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   3:48 PM     

Hey all!
New here to the boards. Been reading the forums for a while now and respect the views and opionions. Sounds like a good place to get tips on improving my car... when money allows;) As for my car, it's just a 1990 Honda Civic Hatch. I know what your thinking, oh great another ricer, but i'm not. I don't think my car is the shit and can run like 11's on an exhaust and clears. Yes it does have a body kit, but it was on there when I got the car, and it's grown on me:P If I had my choice i'd want a 70 Chevelle SS w/ a 454... but 8 miles a gallon on gas doesn't work for one in college;) Anywho, gald to be here. Looking forward to talking to everyone. Cya.
-Ben.

hooyeah
Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   6:13 PM     

pop a 454 in the civic

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
MrPeabody

Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   6:41 PM     

Now that would be interesting. I saw this pic of a CRX with a small block shuehorned into the front and it was converted to RWD. Dunno if it was real or digitally inhanced though...

-Ben

uglystick
Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   6:43 PM     

was it the red civic with the v8 and blower (from beaterz.com) if so, that's real.

you could actually put a v6 in it. a pontiac v6. no bs. that would be friggin awesome. it'd run 10's if you could get it to hook up.

jason

MrPeabody

Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   6:54 PM     

Yeah that was the one. Looked friggin mean. Heh, like i'd have the money to fabricate something like that, not to mention it's my only car and I couldn't smog it... especially with all the f'd up laws they got here. Oh, by the way. I've been contemplating ways to beef up my car. I basically see 4 options, 1 Jackson Racing Supercharger. 2 A turbo. 3 Gude head-up package or 4 an engine swap such as a JDM B16. What would you suggest?

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   9:06 PM     

how about all 3 i like uglysticks idea 3.8 supercharged hmmm may be able to smog it too

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
BlownGTP

Re: Hello all.   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   8:42 AM     

wow, thats a thought, It would have to be converted to rwd to be fun tho.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: Hello all.   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   12:28 PM     

hell naw, fwd. if a guy in england can put a 4.2l rover (read: buick nailhead alu v8) transversely mounted in a MINI COOPER engine compartment, you can put a 3800 into a civic fwd.

i'd go with the jrsc if i were you, they're an extremely reputable company and will most likely be the best in terms of tech support and future help... reliability is key to resale... and you're not going to want that car forever.

jason

MrPeabody

Re: Hello all.   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   2:11 PM     

Hmmm... deffinently have to think about that one. How much do they go for? The cheapest I think i've seen them is around $2,300, I think. What kind of gains in power would I most likely get?

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: Hello all.   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   5:36 PM     

well, personal preference. i would want it to be rear wheel drive. it woul be like a little steroid injected go kart.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Mile_Mark
Re: Hello all.   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   7:59 PM     

Whats fabrication?

hooyeah
Re: Hello all.   Posted Sun Sep 8, 02   1:17 AM     

making something to make it fit example putting a big block in a small block car you'd need to fabricate motor mounts and other parts ect... it's jsut pretty much i'll try to sound like websters "constructing or building a supply or material needed to make sometihng work" well i tried

Mile_Mark
Re: Hello all.   Posted Sun Sep 8, 02   9:25 AM     

yeah thats what i thought it was, thanks

BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: Hello all.   Posted Sun Sep 8, 02   9:37 PM     

hahaha ...lol..sorry..didnt mean to laugh..

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK ..MMMM MY TRUCK LOVES TO EAT IMPORTS...RICE IS GOODDDDD...!
all_naut
Re: Hello all.   Posted Sat Sep 14, 02   7:15 PM     

gotta love fabricating when it comes to nice cars that weren't cared for.