This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 4217

stoney
5th generation toyota celica   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   10:12 PM     

I'm just starting to learn more about cars, but i was wondering if any of you guys could help me out

hopefully some of you have a 5th gen toyota celica

i have a 1992 celica st, 1.8L, everything is stock and i want my car to have more HP and torque, whats the best way of doing that?

if you guys have a 5th gen celica, tell me what parts you added

HKS only has an air intake filter, im gonna buy that and see if my car gets more torque, i dont think it will work

i was thinking also a new hks exhaust system, help me out with parts and please be specific with info!

hooyeah
Re: 5th generation toyota celica   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   10:16 PM     

hmm well the obvious thing to do is make a cold air intake for 60 bucks and get low restriction exhaust headers cat and muffler go with 2 1/2 or 3 inch pipes then get a crazy cam high compression pistons or if you want a supercharger or turbo (don't take my word for it i';m a rookie with imports)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
LethalToy

Re: 5th generation toyota celica   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   10:31 PM     

Two words for ya, TRD Supercharger.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
uglystick
Re: 5th generation toyota celica   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   11:44 PM     

aren't those also called a turdcharger? that would be the way to go 100%, all of hooyeah's ideas will give you more high end horsies but will to some extent rob your torque to gain them.

forced induction is the easiest way to go without tearing into the engine.

jason

hooyeah
Re: 5th generation toyota celica   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   12:45 PM     

this is why i don't give import advice get the super charger forced induction kicks ass just do not put on a wing body kit and huge rims thats my advice for every jap car

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
stoney
Re: 5th generation toyota celica   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   7:49 PM     

how do i make my own cool air intake for 60 bux?

hooyeah
Re: 5th generation toyota celica   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   7:56 PM     

like this "cold air intakes are stupid. what you need to do is go make one out of aluminized steel pipe on a mandrel at an exhaust shop, wrap that bitch with thermotec header wrap and call it a day. $62 investment for the pipe, filter and wrap. and then you can taper the fucker down at the intake manifold end to increase air velocity" quote from uglystick

uglystick
Re: 5th generation toyota celica   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   8:55 PM     

yep. that's how.

thermotec wrap: http://www.thermotec.com

buy a roll and wrap your headers in it too (get a set of them too)

jason.

FordFactor

Re: 5th generation toyota celica   Posted Thu Sep 5, 02   4:24 PM     

how much hp or difference is that wrap from a regular exposed header?

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..
uglystick
Re: 5th generation toyota celica   Posted Thu Sep 5, 02   4:41 PM     

none. it just (for me) keeps my 6-1 2' long primaries header on my bmw from boiling the washer fluid, melting the sound deadening material on my hood and melting my a/c and p/s lines. the fuckers get hot as hell. i doubt there's much of a hp gain. maybe a little accounting for the fact that the intake charge isn't coming from such a hot engine compartment, but it mainly keeps the engine from becoming a heat sink for the header...and leaves that job to your floorboard (in my car at least).

now, on the intake, that's a different story. basically it allows you to actually gain the benefit of a cai instead of putting your filter in the path of cold air then routing the pipe through a 300 degree engine compartment.

bimmers get hot quick. egt's are off the hook.