This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 25390

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
IncubateMe69

what is best import?   Posted Mon Sep 2, 02   1:10 PM     

not most common ricer bc that would be civic but what is all around cheapest fastest performance car.........ahemmm other than my 240

SR20DET's are the shit
JcAus
Re: what is best import?   Posted Mon Sep 2, 02   3:58 PM     

Cheapest ? hmmm out here I would have to say the PS13 Silvia Turbo's. Neat little package that have a wide variety of things that can be done to it.

Cheap as chips out here.

rotaryracer

Re: what is best import?   Posted Mon Sep 2, 02   6:57 PM     

how about a 2nd Gen RX-7, usually cost around 2500 to 3000. 200 hp stock. plus it is one of the better looking cars that were made in the 80's.

No Rotor, No Motor
Phatmatt

Re: what is best import?   Posted Mon Sep 2, 02   7:33 PM     

the Honda Odyssey. 210 hp@5200rpm AND 299lbs/ft@4300rpm. THAT'S STOCK BABY.

1969Stang
Re: what is best import?   Posted Mon Sep 2, 02   8:16 PM     

the van man...lol...aka phatmatt...lol...

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
Phatmatt

Re: what is best import?   Posted Mon Sep 2, 02   8:24 PM     

don't even act like that isn't a sweet-ass ride.

Phatmatt

Re: what is best import?   Posted Mon Sep 2, 02   8:26 PM     

and I'm sorry the NEW Odyssey has 240hp at 5200rpm

BlownGTP

Re: what is best import?   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   7:27 AM     

Ive always wanted to lower a honda odeysee, i know i spelled it wrong. i think it would look nice. put some nice wheels on it and a body kit. thats what i want when i have a family. A pimped out honda van. lol

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: what is best import?   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   8:47 AM     

a 1964 BMW 700S. 0-60 in 5.x seconds, 50mpg. roller bearing crank and cam ohc motorcycle engine...

or a suzuki swift with a v twin/crotch rocket mill.

motortrend compared the oddysey's 1/4 mile figures and 0-60 times to every musclecar made and it beat them all (with musclecar tests done on polyglass tires)

jason

Phatmatt

Re: what is best import?   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   2:35 PM     

I'm telling you guys, vans are the future of drag racing.

uglystick
Re: what is best import?   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   2:45 PM     

hey do you know the guy there in detroit area who has an old beater chevy van with a twin turbo rat, turbos of which are under the floorboard of the van?

jason

Phatmatt

Re: what is best import?   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   6:53 PM     

no man but I've actually heard of this guy. Twin turbo under the floorboards, biggest sleeper I've ever heard of, woodpannels right?

I've crused around in detroit over the summer some praying I'd run into this guy, I think I tried to race every van in the detroit area I could. I still haven't found him.

you know him?

uglystick
Re: what is best import?   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   12:02 AM     

well my best friend grew up in suburban detroit and he has seen the guy and said the thing was insane.

he just got off work and is on his way. i'll post what he tells me in a minute.

Phatmatt

Re: what is best import?   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   7:32 PM     

I didn't even belive in it's exsistance until somebody showed me a video they had of it. I've been on the prowl ever since.

Kutsuju_racing
Re: what is best import?   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   8:53 AM     

Some magazine ran this before and I think the # 1 was the Mitsubishi eclipse the older models and then the 300z TT. Me personally I still can't get away from building a HF model CRX! it's just to damn lite and too damn cheap to ignore it. it's like 1,800lbs if that and when you can get one for like $800....theres just a whole lot of ugliness there! would I do it probably not but it's good for discussion!! lol!

Kutsuju Racing Pres
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4