This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 25390

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4  
sweetdevil
Re: what is best import?   Posted Thu Sep 12, 02   1:01 PM     

every time DOT and I would go out.... EVERYTIME either we would or we'd meet someone and end up talking cars for hours. We were at Branding Iron one night and met this guy who came down to the valley once to race, he has a bullet Mustang and his buddy had a Nova, and they were both hanging with Cutlass... this was back in the day though

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
LethalToy

Re: what is best import?   Posted Thu Sep 12, 02   10:43 PM     

I got seven years with my ol' lady and she knows jack shit about cars other than the fact that she likes to drive the nice ones and likes it when I go fast. Mostly i think she likes the looks (and usually those long looks from other women that are scoping me and my ride out) that she gets from others as we roll by. She is as mechanically handicapped as they come and it doesn't bother me one bit. She does however have the patience to sit and wait while I chat up some person that wants to talk shop (customs etc...).

But I always and still say, "A hard woman is good to find."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
BlownGTP

Re: what is best import?   Posted Fri Sep 13, 02   7:24 AM     

My girlfriend can actually go through exactly how an engine works. When i met her, she didnt know shit but she actually wants to learn and likes it. She even wants to make her car quicker but i told her theres no way in hell she can make a lumina faster! LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
hooyeah
Re: what is best import?   Posted Fri Sep 13, 02   9:36 AM     

i beg to differ it can be fast as your gtp lumina ltz with the 3.8 put your engine mods and the blower on it and bingo bango a quick lumina unless it's one of those Z34 peices of crap

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

ford thats just the way it works
BlownGTP

Re: what is best import?   Posted Fri Sep 13, 02   10:10 AM     

there is a guy who did that to a Z34! the car screams. I used to have a Z34 with a 5 speed. it was a rare option in that car. I loved mine. It was a big heavy car that still pulled a 15.2 Stock. I liked it, it was fun to go burn ricers in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: what is best import?   Posted Fri Sep 13, 02   10:36 AM     

my lady is pretty interesting. she pretty much hates cars. drives a 2.5rs scoobaru. but every once in a while, she'll get stuck at a show or sitting in my truck or scout and somebody will come up and ask her something about it and she will somehow rattle off every mod in the truck, leaving their jaw on the ground.

she's especially good at doing that with the el camino. to the people at her office...like the guy with a hot 350 powered chevy truck...'it's a 383 stroker, edelbrock performer rpm heads and intake, 750 double pumper, 12 bolt with 3.73 strange gears, tom's forged axles, eaton posi...i don't care what you drive he'll kick your ass' heheheheheh...

so in general, i think no matter how much they hate the shit, it gets absorbed via osmosis to some extent.

jason

hooyeah
Re: what is best import?   Posted Fri Sep 13, 02   2:21 PM     

my brothers chevettes a five speed i heard thats a pretty rare option too! we're getting another one i'm trying to urge him to rebuild the engine 30 overbore flat top pistons high lift cam and 4.56 gears good luck getting that to happen stupid guy "but that'll ruin my mileage" GRRRRRR it can light em up for 60 feet in stock form

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

FordFactor

Re: what is best import?   Posted Fri Sep 13, 02   5:15 PM     

ViVa La Chevette!

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
SweetNeon

Re: what is best import?   Posted Sat Sep 14, 02   11:50 PM     

anybody believe this guy is runing 11.8 lol to me this is sounding pretty funny, let me guess your runing that time with a small block on street tires?

FordFactor

Re: what is best import?   Posted Sun Sep 15, 02   2:30 PM     

Fucker pay attention, or are you too poor to pay anything, oh i see you wasted all your money on the black rims and the shitty bodykit. Who the fuck said my car ran on street tires? and it is a small block, a small block that will rape you in reverse gear with the A/C on just to go easy on you. and to me this sounds pretty funny.

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
SweetNeon

Re: what is best import?   Posted Sun Sep 15, 02   8:38 PM     

lol must be pretty fuckin misinformed because if you actually seen my car instead of looking like an idiot you would of realized that i have light racing alloy wheels with M/T et drag slicks and i have no body kit at all its all stock, aww pretty nice haveing a/c im sure but i have no a/c in my 1800lbs car, but im sure im not the only one who thinks your lying, what's your 60ft, this is going to start to sound alot more funny

MrPeabody

Re: what is best import?   Posted Sun Sep 15, 02   9:26 PM     

What wheels are you running? I'm shooting for some Rota slipstreams, (Spoons are to expensive;)

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: what is best import?   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:49 AM     

Well the mustang times are alot more beleiveable than your damn neon times.

uglystick
Re: what is best import?   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   12:55 PM     

wait till y'all see the video's of chad's car (sweetneon). it ain't no slouch. the best clip is the one of the tach creeping its way up to 4 grand then twisting the needle off at the pivot as it plummets toward 7 grand at the speed of light.

i'm impressed. race cams are cool.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
hooyeah
Re: what is best import?   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   1:26 PM     

when do we get to see these damn videos?

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4