This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 24781

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
uglystick
sweetneon...   Posted Fri Aug 30, 02   11:37 PM     

hey dude, what is the top speed on your car/

JcAus
Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   1:16 AM     

Today I hit 175kph which is roughly 108 mph would not go any faster due to the Japanese 180kph speed limiter....Damn turds

SweetNeon

Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   1:32 AM     

computer wont let me go passed 143or so

Phatmatt

Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   10:50 AM     

that's gotta be the fastest neon I've ever heard of. How fast you think you could go without the comp cut-off?

BlownGTP

Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   11:23 AM     

My car cuts out at 131 mph. Ive only done it once at night on an empty freeway. i dont want pepole to jump all over my back for putting others in danger so im clarifying that i was safe about it. Everybody has done it once im sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   1:34 PM     

sweeeeet. that's nearly exactly where the elco tachs out...6500 in 1:1 with 3.73's and a 27" tall tire.

i'll bet that car would go so much faster if the computer didn't shut you down. mine won't though. that's as fast as it goes. for now...

jason

BlownGTP

Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   1:40 PM     

how fast, my speed or sweet neons?

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   1:43 PM     

neon's. the calculation on the little rpm calculator here says 146, but jesus, i'm never drivin this brick that fast...

jason

BlownGTP

Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   1:50 PM     

The easy part is speeding up. the hard part is slowing the damn thing down.

uglystick
Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   2:07 PM     

hehe, tell me about it. it'll slow down like it had a set of brembo's on it on my favorite little stretch of road to gun it on...it's a block from my house and the brakes don't get hot by the time i get there. anywhere else though when they're warm, it's pretty mushy...but once you reach the floor with your foot, it stiffens up and slows down.

we're thinking of putting little bicycle tires up front like dot's and a set of wilwood dynalites and decreasing the unsprung weight by like 1/2 or more. trying to make it transfer weight better. any ideas?

jason

Phatmatt

Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   6:04 PM     

you know I had a gal pal who owned a neon and she wanted to know how fast it'd go, but the thing barely held together going 90, and it took me like an hour to get that fast. I could only get to 100mph before I had decided not to push it any more.

Metal396
Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   10:40 PM     

Ive only run up to 115, i probably could have hit 120, but there was a long curve coming up. And i cant rev my car up above 4500 rpm in gear, my car would probably sufficate or explode.

Check Out:

http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc

--Alot of stuff on our cars here--My forums: http://spddemontc.proboards7.com/index.cgi -- talk there if ur tired of cvsr lol

Edited by Metal396 (Sat Aug 31, 02   10:44 PM)

sweetdevil
Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sun Sep 1, 02   2:52 PM     

I've had my piece of shit to 120... It took me 2 minutes to get there but....

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Fat_Tony

Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sun Sep 1, 02   11:12 PM     

130 with old rear end 140 with long gears but 140 aint the top speed i'm too scared to go any faster

I'll let my car do the talkin
storm

Re: sweetneon...   Posted Sun Sep 1, 02   11:20 PM     

it's not a motorbike, who cares, go to your cars limits! (well try)

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4