This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 4191

IncubateMe69

leaf blower turbo?   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   1:40 PM     

would it work? i saw some pic of guy that tried it and he said it worked but he never took it out of driveway

SR20DET's are the shit

Edited by IncubateMe69 (Thu Aug 29, 02   1:42 PM)

uglystick
Re: leaf blower turbo?   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   2:47 PM     

you know, i've heard of that too. is the leaf blower a two stroke?

what kind of car do you have? try it and post results!!

what's an SR20DET?

jason

BlownGTP

Re: leaf blower turbo?   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   3:08 PM     

tpye in "electric supersharger" in a search engine. youll see what they have. i forgot the name of it but it looked gay as hell.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
BlownGTP

Re: leaf blower turbo?   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   3:09 PM     

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/ here it is

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: leaf blower turbo?   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   3:33 PM     

jesus. the video of the little beast levitating itself off the ground was pretty cool though, or pushing a duraflame log!!!

seems to me the amperage draw on the alternator alone would eat up your horsepower gain. that and having it installed but not 'on' would absolutely restrict air flow to the intake pipe...

jason

BlownGTP

Re: leaf blower turbo?   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   3:43 PM     

its only good for 1 psi! thats not worth the $250

Cutlass

Re: leaf blower turbo?   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   4:01 PM     

a leaf blower would push air into the engine so yeah it would work, but with the time it would take to set up it isn't worth it, you wouldn't get any kind of measureable gain that you would be able to "feel". besides that would look so gay. i can hear it hear it now..... check out my twin leaf blower setup, i run 10s now.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
uglystick
Re: leaf blower turbo?   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   4:15 PM     

can y'all imagine what kind of power that little electric blower would produce on a little tiny displacement briggs engine!!! you'd need a deep cycle to run it, but man oh man....it's 1# boost on a large displacement engine, i wonder what kind of boost it would be on a little 100cc monster...

gay? hell yes it'd look gay. who do you think came up with this idea? rice? ya think so? i'd bet money on it.

jason

BlownGTP

Re: leaf blower turbo?   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   4:54 PM     

or my 600cc motorcycle! HMMMMM?? wondering now!

uglystick
Re: leaf blower turbo?   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   4:56 PM     

no shit, i mean those guys looked like they are seriously willing to back up their claims.

since you have a new application for their product, i'll bet they'd cut 100 bucks out of the cost if you got them a dyno slip.

jason

IncubateMe69

Re: leaf blower turbo?   Posted Fri Aug 30, 02   4:37 PM     

ok go to 240sx.org......then at top click club links.........in those links you will find one that is titled "hall of shame"....click that then you will see some one that tried it.

SR20DET's are the shit