This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 53073

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6  
Phatmatt

Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   8:01 PM     

ok Gino.... I'm going to give it to you straight, I'm not a mean guy and usually try to help out the new guys on the site. I'm going to tell you what I told every other new guys who comes through here: can you afford it? can you drive it? can you risk it?

If your come on here and talk big, what did you expect. If you really really want to show anyone up and race someone on the list I live around ann arbor Michigan, and make bi-yearly trips up to Ontatio. I may beable to show you what's what. I know you're probably a HUGE Fast and Furious fan, but that's not realistic. Tens of thousands of bucks were put into them. Unless you're rich, it aint going to happen buddy. You still need to improve upon your own skills before you start trying to step up to someone elses anyway.

GinoLicious

Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Tue Aug 27, 02   8:50 AM     

Well Yeah I could probably offord it. But now im starting to think bout a Prelude SH 2001. Is that a good choice? Or should I go for a lower model?

Fat_Tony

Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Tue Aug 27, 02   11:43 AM     

your a complete idiot your obiously a ricer boy if you cant even choose a car for yourself who cares what everyone else thinks. I know you dont wanna upset us on this site, lol

I'll let my car do the talkin
Phatmatt

Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Tue Aug 27, 02   6:41 PM     

Look man, I don't know where you can like get 20 grand to just by this car. BUT IF you do actually have the funding to do so, here is the rundown

-decent acceleration for what you pay for. 0-60mph
-average 1/4 mile: 15.6@90mph

you can surely build up the 2.2L four-banger, but dude, I really don't see how you can possibly have the knowhow or money to do this.

Mile_Mark
Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   11:40 AM     

dude, im just like you, except that im a year older...and before i came onto this site, or any other site asking and tlaking trash, and telling everyone you illigaly drive, which is bullshit cause i hope u get caught...know at least some shit, and also that 'lude that you want thats already suped up, dont buy that, casue 1: its your first car, and 2: whats the point of getting into racing and cars, if u dont have to do anything to your car. You wont learn shit.

GinoLicious

Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   3:39 PM     

If i shouldn't buy the Lude the what should I buy? I'm an Import guy. Not a ricer. I just like a fast import car with a lot of mods done to the engine. Some of those ricers out now a days are really ugly. A few days ago I saw a 5 foot spoiler hangin off of some guys trunk. HAHAHA.

uglystick
Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   4:01 PM     

you like imports, you don't like 'rice.'

ok, here's my suggestions:

'72 BMW 2002 - great car, 2.0l 4 zylinder, 4 speed manual, pre-smog, so you can mod the crap out of it. plenty (i mean PLENTY) of performance parts available.

'8x mazda turbo awd rally car (i don't know the model info, but these cars do exist for sale in the us for dirt cheap and are a great start to a fast well handling car)

'72-'76 datsun z car (fast, easy to work on, lots of mods available, turbo engines out there, etc).

'8x honda civic hatch. light, ready for engine swap.

'72 MGBGT - sweet car, good bed for mods, etc.

face it, you don't have much money, buy a good base model older car that mods are available for.

jason

GinoLicious

Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   4:03 PM     

Ok,

I think I might like the Honda or BMW. What year is the Honda. LOL. Hatches are funny looking. Ive gotten over my ricer obsetion notceing what u guys notice. How fuking geeky they loook. The car cant be to costy

Edited by GinoLicious (Thu Aug 29, 02   4:04 PM)

uglystick
Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   4:30 PM     

a decent '72 2002 will go for about 3-4 grand. with another 100 bucks you can get a cam, headers and a set of twin weber sidedrafts. another 300 in parts and you could install a five speed. they're an excellent car with a giant following interested in perfomance. parts ARE more expensive than a honda, but the car is fucking better by far. i'll argue that to the death. the M10 four cylinder is the best 4 cylinder ever made. if a french f1 team can go pull used blocks out of the junkyard and build them to produce 1300 horsepower with a stock cut steel crank and a single turbo, i'll put em up against an iron duke any day.

the options for performance are prolific - from turbocharged 4 cylinders to 2.8l 6 cylinders. they all originally came with a four cylinder, but the baby six swap is not uncommon. and it's retardedly fast. like a matchbox on crystal meth.

matt (my bro in law) bought his for $2000. it came with an extra 4 spd and an extra head casting (bare).

as for looks, here's about as wide as the gamut can get on how they look - from rice to race to nice:

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

as you can see, they're pretty darned cool. i love em, and darnitt, one of these days i'm going to get a would be ricer to buy one of these instead...

some websites to check out: http://www.2002bmw.com

http://www.bmw2002.com (ireland engineering)

http://www.racetep.com (top end performance, does wicked shit to old bimmers)

jason

GinoLicious

Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   5:29 PM     

So they go for really cheap. The year is really low. Which will means you are going to get more milage. What's good milage on one of these 72 BMW's.
I'm not gonna get dissed for driving round a BMW cause it aint a jap are will I?

GinoLicious

Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   5:33 PM     

What about the Civic Hatchback. What would I be able to go on that. What would be a good year. And milage for the year. Price aswell

uglystick
Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   5:36 PM     

you won't get dissed in the krautmobile because it will CRUSH the rice. buy the bimmer. it's fuckin awesome.

jason

GinoLicious

Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   5:38 PM     

I know it has a good engine and all. But do chicks dig it? I dunt really like the body shape a little bit. And the only BMW in my area for sale is 5k 8 hundred. Thas in canadqa. It's a 1976. What bout the civic. Out of curiosity whats a good year?

uglystick
Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   5:43 PM     

fuck it dude, i'm done helping you. i really did try.

jason

GinoLicious

Re: Need Few Ideas   Posted Thu Aug 29, 02   5:45 PM     

alright alright. But i cant get a 72 in mu area. there is only 76. and only 1

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6