This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 8744

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
uglystick
erm....turbo help?   Posted Fri Aug 16, 02   4:39 PM     

hi y'all,

have a new question for anyone who may be able to help me. i've got a '76 Saab 99 EMS (4 Banger, FWD, N/A 2.0l, Mechanical Fuel Injection) that i am planning to turbocharge. who's got a turbo here?

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
BlownGTP

Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Sat Aug 17, 02   7:30 AM     

how about a used GN turbo with a polished compressor? i can get it shipped to you for $350. the turbo has 35k miles on it and its made by Garret.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Phatmatt

Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Sat Aug 17, 02   3:54 PM     

Fuel Injected FWD? Sounds familiar. ok Garret IS a very good way to go (I actually have a Garrett T2). But I'm obseesed with MITSUBISHI. I would gaurentee they'll have something that'll be right for your SAAB. I hope I helped a little.

uglystick
Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Mon Aug 19, 02   4:44 PM     

hmm, evidently the t3 is the housing that adapts up to the stock turbo exhaust manifold. that's the manifold we went with. it think we'll be adapting up an older fuel rail to use with a haltech e6k ignition/fuel computer. we'll see how it works out. sure is a lot of work...lots on paper, more in real life...

what kind of fi system do you use matt? by the way, my best friend (also is from michigan, now lives in california) says to give you some props for making a fwd van beat a ferrari. he said, "that's michigan for ya. i WASN'T bullshittin you about how crazy people out there are."

heheh...y'all sure are crazy...

jason

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
Phatmatt

Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Mon Aug 19, 02   11:34 PM     

yeah Michigan is full of crazies because of the flatter straighter roads we have, and we support american manufactures becasue just about all of them are up here. BUT THE REAL CRAZY DRIVERS ARE ON THE EAST COAST... talk about bad drivers.

here's the rundown on my whole FI (and friends) system as it CURRENTLY is:

-Ford Powerstroke Intercooler
-oversize injectors, 52 pph super (60 injectors for my old super 60 turbo, they still work with my new one)
-Adjustable fuel pressure regulator by Sammy Kindle
-Forward Motion Enforcer 2 Turbo (new)
-Forward Motion ported exhaust manifold.
-Opened up fuel rail
-47mm throttle body
-3 extra fuel injectors (just added)
-pressure switch to operate extra injectors (ditto)
-2 stage boost solenoid
-Map Sensor Bleed to raise cut out point (i know didley about car computers)
-Custom computer from Mike Kelly

Phatmatt

Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Mon Aug 19, 02   11:37 PM     

I ought to give credit to Paul E. Smith for helping me with so much help on making the van even faster and for not getting mad about having so many "similarities" to his setups. lol. But seriously without his help and ideas for improvements I'd probably still be running 13s.

hooyeah
Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   3:19 AM     

11's here we come!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
Phatmatt

Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   4:06 PM     

if I pull 11 seconds off, I''d have the world record for mini-vans.... mwa ha ha

hooyeah
Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   4:14 PM     

nope i've seen a 10 second van

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
uglystick
Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   4:29 PM     

yeah, but not a 10 second MINIVAN!!

my buddy from MI was telling me about a guy who had a twin turbo beater van up there. it'd run like a 9 flat, and looked like it just came from either a plumbing job site or a liquor store.

and the turbo's were way under the floorpan of the van, so you couldn't even see em from the engine compartment or the cowl cover... he'd line up against the lingenfelter vette and kick it's ass to kingdom come.

still, i saw a plymouth voyager like yours today, and damn, i'm even more impressed than i was before, matt. is it a 4 banger?

jason

hooyeah
Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   4:40 PM     

matts is a v6 and yes it was a 10 second plymouth voyager

hooyeah
Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   7:29 PM     

well the minivan was just a 12.65 @ 105 white caravan woodpanels take a look in general board for links found sometihng else pretty great k car 10 seconds

BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Thu Aug 22, 02   11:43 AM     

LOL I CAN SEE A SOCCER MOM HAVING THAT VAN...COM'ON KIDS WERE LATE TO PRACTICE..!!! FUCKIN DOING LIKE 130 THROUGH CITY STREETS..LOL

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK ..MMMM MY TRUCK LOVES TO EAT IMPORTS...RICE IS GOODDDDD...!
uglystick
Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Thu Aug 22, 02   12:48 PM     

that 10 second k car was the shit!!!

hooyeah
Re: erm....turbo help?   Posted Thu Aug 22, 02   2:28 PM     

that van is a grocery getter variable boost and he rips out the seats to drag it turn the boost down to 7 in the streets and 25 at the track

Pages in this thread: (1) 2