This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14908

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
novaboy

whats up import guys?   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   12:03 AM     

havent trash talked with you guys in a while....whats up?

novaboy
JcAus
Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   1:19 AM     

Hey Nova,
Not a hell of a lot, whats new with you?

sweetdevil
Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   8:23 AM     

you've missed it! Neon cam back for a while, we had a couple V6 92 10 second preludes, lots of the typical 8sec honda 14 y/o's but we scared em all away.... they don't wanna talk cars and truth....

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
uglystick
Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   10:33 AM     

man, the last time i saw you here was right when i first logged on. nice to meet you.

what's your nova run, what's in it? oh, yeah we had a guy with a skyline that he bought from his friend's uncle for 15k. it was a group five race car. then we had this kid with a del sol who thought he was the shit.... then we had a 14 year old (admitted) who said his stang did 0-60 in 3.5 seconds in second gear... then we had a guy with a chevelle who said he had all kinds of go fast goodies in his 396... i almost believed HIM, but no, the second somebody with a fast car wanted to race him, he never posted again.

i have still yet to see that elusive import who runs 12's that every ricer kid seems to have seen...

hell, my fiancee's lil bro's best friend says he has a friend whose older brother has an old 60's chibby pick em up that runs 9's. 'course his best friend told the kid that i had a 12 second el camino and would stomp his ass. don't ya love it when people talk for you... stupid lil shits. either way, the truck probably runs 13's anyway. i asked him if the guy drove it on the street and he said, 'yup, every day.' sure you drive a 1000hp non forced induction truck with a 5 grand stall on the regular...

alright, i'm done bitchin...

nice to meet ya novaboy.

jason

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
hooyeah
Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   10:38 AM     

just out of curiosity has anyone ever seenm a real racer post 0-60 times? i haven't

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
uglystick
Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   11:09 AM     

nope.

i really wish i could figure out my 0-60 in the el camino though. does anyone know where i can get that figured out (NO NOT WITH A GTECH)?

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
hooyeah
Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   11:15 AM     

have you tried one of those gtechs and did it work? i'm guessing it didn't but i know someone who is thinking of getting one

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
uglystick
Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   11:37 AM     

i don't care what people say, it cannot work that well. it's not accurate. CAN'T BE! there's simply no way.

the seat of your pants works better and it's cheaper. i've also heard they are a pain in the ass to work with, ie switching modes, and having to plug in your car's weight, etc. every time you boot the thing up.

jason

sweetdevil
Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   1:14 PM     

DOT has one and it said the same thing that the track did.... email him about it!

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
hooyeah
Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   3:18 PM     

it seemed unbelieveable to me to and i'm still skeptical but i've heard only good things about it

novaboy

Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   6:48 PM     

my nova is slow as hell...most six bangers are....but i hve a 350 on the way....the other nova i talk about is a 70 and it runs mid 14's.....it ran like crap with 2.4 60's but it still pulled of 14.8 and a 14.9.........byut that was before the new cam. now it has about 20 degrees more duration and about 30 more lift.....with the 2400 stall it jumps of the line but i think that the old 600 edle and the performer intake and old ass hei are holding it back....ther word on the street is that a new air gap, 650 holly and a pro billit msd are on the way....but you didnt hear it from me. with some tuning and such i think that mid to high 13's are not out of the question. man the nine inch is gonna be some much different than the 10 bolt peg leg 3.08......ooooo....stiffy!!!

novaboy
uglystick
Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Thu Aug 15, 02   2:27 PM     

hey i had a friend who had a clifford package (offy manifold, double pumper, pistons, etc) on his 3.8l straight six. powerglide and 4.11 rear end posi and that four door '64 ran a fuckin 11.8!!!!

'course as you went down the track you could feel the floorboard bounce because he cut the whole fucker out and put in a piece of sheet metal...it was gutted.

jason

SweetNeon

Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Fri Aug 30, 02   1:35 AM     

slooooooooooooooooowww

LethalToy

Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Fri Aug 30, 02   8:23 AM     

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
SweetNeon

Re: whats up import guys?   Posted Sun Sep 22, 02   1:12 PM     

ulgggggggggggggggggggggggy truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Pages in this thread: (1) 2