This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 25898

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
Jamal

Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   12:21 AM     

Sup ppl im new from Frisco ive got a 2000 civic si and i mite move to the valley soon i wanted to know local import racers P.S. i mite move to Indio

uglystick
Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   10:19 AM     

how is the competition in the bay? i'm from placerville, yes placerville, a little gold rush town between sacramento and lake tahoe. there are plenty of sub 13's cars up here, too bad they usually stay in the garage. we're thinking of taking my elco down to the bay one of these weekends and were curious where would be a good place to get some light to light races with some competitive imports/domestics.

let me know.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
Jamal

Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   1:36 PM     

There is a lot of good places to race light to light in the bay in Frisco check out mission and Excelsior by the liquor store and in Oakland by west 48th there is a lot of good racers mostly new Mustangs

uglystick
Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   1:54 PM     

sounds like fun. i'll have to take a look at a map and see where that is. last time i was in the bay with a fast car, i was in my truck, it's ok...runs like a 16.3 or so, but it's 1/8th mile (light to light) is insane. it just sticks and goes, problem is - at the top end, it's like a brick and no matter how hard i try, the aerodynamics of it really screws with the 1/4mile times... at the track i routinely beat 13 second cars in the 1/8th mile. anyway, we're down there, right next to this little toyota somethingorother with a wing, rims, aero kit, etc on it. right behind them there is a police interceptor, unmarked, two cops in it. we let em go, they burn the tires off of four lights, get up to the speed limit and coast. finally, they turned and of course, the cops followed em. i wish we would have followed, i would have loved to see the expression on the drivers face when the single red light came on behind him...

that same night i saw quite a few guys in some insane sleeper cars, one was a ply. belvedere with a huge hemi in it. like the 526 crate motor, ran like shit at idle, once it was on cam though, it was GONE. before he even took off, my friend rolled the window down, the guy goes, 'mopar! right on.' and my friend says, 'nice hemi.' the guy says, 'shit....i was hoping you didn't notice!' 'course, my friend replied with 'with that SHITTY IDLE, WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE??' all grins, light turns green, he's gone... and we're breathing rubber...

anyhow, maybe we'll cruise down and check it out. is it pretty friendly down there, people having fun, or am i gonna get the death glare from everyone? i hate that shit. in my opinion, everybody is in it for the fun. some people need to ditch the attitude...

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
Jamal

Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   2:12 PM     

It is a pretty good place down here not much violence or death stares but it can get ugly if u mess wit sum1 and watever u do dont wear red or blue ull get killed

uglystick
Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   4:49 PM     

so my carharts and a khaki shirt should be ok? ;-) if you see my car down there before you take off, come by and say hi. we're all in it for fun. give props to everyone with a sweet ride....fast and ugly or beautiful and slow...either way, hard work is hard work.

jason

uglystick
Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   5:00 PM     

so i want a list of what you have in that car! it looks fast... but is it? do you ever run it at a track? i can't make any claims about the numbers on my car. last time i took it to the track it ran a 13.65, but i dunno these days.

where do you work?

jason

Jamal

Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   5:53 PM     

the best run ive had in my civic is 11.780 and i race at the track sometimez im gonna start workin at Bayshore Racing Engines pretty soon i think if i get my shit together but right now im unemployed as for mods on my civic i have AEM cold air intake 2 65 shots ZEX DC sports headers and DC rear upper strut bar its dropped 2.5 on each corner and has 15" subwoofers and 3 Kenwood amps the last time i took it to the track was July 7th

Back off the J DiZZle
Jamal

Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   10:41 PM     

Just wanted to say my 11 was with ZEX

Back off the J DiZZle
JcAus
Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   10:41 PM     

Hey Nice looking and nice work done on the go-bits.

Jamal

Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   10:44 PM     

thanx Jc i like that FTO(?) u got it has a nice kit on the front and ill read ur profile to see the parts

Back off the J DiZZle
JcAus
Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   10:48 PM     

Yeah it is an FTO. GPX which has the MIVEC motor similar to V-tec

BlownGTP

Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Tue Aug 13, 02   7:34 AM     

SNIFF SNIFF...........I SMELL BULLSHIT!

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
sweetdevil
Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Tue Aug 13, 02   8:10 AM     

go here:
http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/car.asp?id=803&make=Honda
this is where the car on his profile is....
And the picture he is using is not his car... this is a show car, not a racing vehicle.... So I hope you're not claiming to be running this vehicle
The site says it uses a Matrix cold air intake, you claim AEM and other miscellaneous bullshit....

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
BlownGTP

Re: Soon to move to the Valley   Posted Tue Aug 13, 02   9:52 AM     

LOL, its starting to get deeper!

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4