This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 3072

duecemob
2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V for sale   Posted Thu Aug 1, 02   7:16 PM     

I am selling my 2002 Spec v. It is blue. It has an AEM cold air intake, Apexi N1 muffler axle back not cat back. I had alpine component speakers installed in it which ran me almost $600. It has had a new transmission put in by the dealership at 7000 miles and a new engine was just put in it by the dealership at 11500 miles. It currently has 13000 miles. I have had this car for about 5 months now. It is a great car. I ran a 14.9 1/4 mile time in it. The reason the transmission was replaced was because it was grinding in 3ed, so I took it to the dealership and they tested it out and contacted Nissan and they said put a new one in it. As for the engine it was having some oil problems and it had internal damage due to it, so again they contacted Nissan and it was replaced by a brand new one. Now its in its break in stage so I am keeping the rpms under 3500, for about 3000 miles. There is absolutly nothing wrong with this car it is in great shape. I have all records of the oil changes and new parts like transmission and engine. If two more things go wrong with this car I am legally allowed to claim lemon law, and by law they have to get me a new one. I will have pictures of it soon. Email if you have any questions at res04mbd@gte.net Asking price is $16000obo I am located in Palm Desert

uglystick
Re: 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V for sale   Posted Fri Aug 2, 02   10:48 AM     

sounds like you beat the dogturd out of it...

you busted up third gear and revved the engine up so high that it ran out of oil. amazing. i'm very surprised that the dealership fixed it for you.

let me see the slip that says it ran a 14.x

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
duecemob
Re: 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V for sale   Posted Fri Aug 2, 02   11:53 AM     

Why dont you go and some research on the Spec V and you will see that a good number of them have been having some problems with the transmission and the engine. thevboard.com is a good place to get started, or just go to torre nissan and ask them. The transmission had started grinding a few weeks after I had got it. And as for the engine the dealership knew it was their fault and that was why the replaced it. Dont talk Sh*t unless you know what your talking about.

uglystick
Re: 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V for sale   Posted Fri Aug 2, 02   12:16 PM     

damn, no wonder you're trying to get rid of it.

good job telling everyone here not to buy it.

you're right though, i did talk shit without knowing what i was talking about. i know nothing about nissan's. a good friend of mine in high school (back in '94) had one of the original se-r's. that car was pretty damn amazing.

did you go take a look at that scca sentra article? it's funny, you'd like it i'd assume.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
uglystick
Re: 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V for sale   Posted Fri Aug 2, 02   12:19 PM     

oh, if anyone else wants to check out this thevboard.com, you have to type in www.thevboard.com on this server.

jason

duecemob
Re: 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V for sale   Posted Fri Aug 2, 02   12:23 PM     

If anything else goes wrong with it you can claim lemon law and get all the money back. Plus its a fast car and really fun to drive. I have beat so many si's, preludes, integras, thats its not even fun anymore. And torre nissan is a great dealership, when i took it back to get the engine swaped i left the intake on it cuz they know it had nothing to do with it. After they replaced it they put it back on and even clean my filter for me.

uglystick
Re: 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V for sale   Posted Fri Aug 2, 02   12:39 PM     

that's cool. i've heard a lot about those cars. i went to that board and looked around but couldn't pin down any of the specifics on the oiling issue, what went wrong?

that is really cool of them to replace the mill. the intake obviously had nothing to do with it, but they could have easily thrown a fit to save a buck. it's obvious that very specific instructions are coming down from corporate just to replace the engines.

did the fix the issues with they engine they dropped in? or was it just another stock engine with the same problems?

jason

duecemob
Re: 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V for sale   Posted Fri Aug 2, 02   4:39 PM     

They said that they changed somtihng on the older model engines and that this was one of them. It isnt suppose to have any problems at all. What went wrong was the car lost a lot of oil, and they wanted to see proof that I had an oil change every 5000 miles, and after I showed them that they told me that there have been other Spec V's with the same problem,. After they opened it up they said that there was internal damage because of the lack of oil. The funny thing is the oil light never came on nor did the check engine light.