This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 2086

SixT6GalXE
Honda Civic del Sol engine swap   Posted Tue Jul 9, 02   1:51 AM     

Hey everyone. I like Civic del Sols. But they need some power! Like 450hp. As in a smallblock V8. Does anyone know of anyone who has ever swapped a smallblock Ford or Chevy V8 into a del Sol, or ANY Honda for that matter????? I'm guessing I'd need to swap the whole running gear too. A lot of welding and cutting. Can anyone help me out a little?

-Rob '66 Ford Galaxie 500XL droptop w/390
Cutlass

Re: Honda Civic del Sol engine swap   Posted Tue Jul 9, 02   1:36 PM     

i've seen a CRX with a 454 BBC in the rear. lots of cutting and welding.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
uglystick
Re: Honda Civic del Sol engine swap   Posted Tue Jul 9, 02   3:54 PM     

i also saw a crx, this one with a blown big block up front and giagantic meats out back that put the car at about a 20 degree rake.

the pic of it is on www.beaterz.com

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
hooyeah
Re: Honda Civic del Sol engine swap   Posted Tue Jul 9, 02   5:27 PM     

i'm not sure here but it would be a shit load of work to fit in the drive shaft and everything convering it from front drive to rear and keeping it streetlegal good luck can be done but how much do u have to spend would probably be the question

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
Kutsuju_racing
Re: Honda Civic del Sol engine swap   Posted Tue Jul 9, 02   6:20 PM     

I don't see it being worth your time......nor do I see it driving on the streets....not legally anyway! =)

Kutsuju Racing Pres
Cutlass

Re: Honda Civic del Sol engine swap   Posted Wed Jul 10, 02   6:56 PM     

the CRX i saw was driven to the track and driven home.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
DelSol_raca
Re: Honda Civic del Sol engine swap   Posted Thu Jul 18, 02   10:00 PM     

I wouldnt even waste my money i would go buy a t-66 turbo kit insted it will help ur hp out. :0)