This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 8414

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
TheOdditie

Need a Little advice   Posted Sat Jun 15, 02   8:49 AM     

Alright, I decided Im going to keep the 91 Civic Hatchback for now, and then later end up getting an Integra. I planning on making the Civic a street racer and the Integra a show car. Now my question is...What engine would be best in the Civic? I know a little bit about engines, but not enough to know what the hell to do.

"We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world!"-Fight Club TheOdditie TwisteD RideZ http://www.geocities.com/twistedridez/
Cutlass

Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Sat Jun 15, 02   3:32 PM     

drop a SBC into it, nobody will expect that.

-------------- smokeing is bad........getting smoked is worse.
BIGBADBLUE
Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Sat Jun 15, 02   3:52 PM     

EITHER DO THAT OR RUN YOUR CAR INTO A WALL OR OFF A CLIFF AT LEAST

HELLO LADIES SORRY BOUT LAST NIGHT SOME TIMES I FORGET HOW MUCH POWER I HAVE
LTR_Nova

Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Sat Jun 15, 02   5:36 PM     

1.8 DOHC VTec is the best bet... if you got the $$ the best engine is the Acura 2.2L DOHC Vtec but youll need axels and a few Acura parts to fit it.. otherwise why not do somthing different like a Manual njection SBC

Fuel Injection is nice, but I'd rather be Blown. :-)
SweetNeon

Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Sat Jun 15, 02   6:38 PM     

acura 2.2 lol your a dumb bitch arnt you, 2.2 came out of a honda prelude, and that wouldnt be a good swap, other than cuting shit out to fit that motor in the engine bay the pos 2.2 will fit all fucked up like puting a 8inch cock in ur mouth you dumb bitch shit wont fit right, i would go ls/vtec = cheeper = easyer install = ave 180hp to the wheels stock

LTR_Nova

Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Sat Jun 15, 02   9:26 PM     

yo you dumb shit check this out
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/Acura1997.shtml
ooooppss whats that say Acura 2.2CL/2.2L 4cyl damn...maybe if you pulled your head outta your ass you would know Acura makes a 2.2 also.. and if you know how to do custom work you can make an Acura engine look like factory i guess thats a little to much for you to handle though...concidering
1. you drive a neon
2. its only 13 a second car
3. you talk too much shit..

SweetNeon

Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Tue Jun 18, 02   1:59 AM     

yea it only runs a 13 haha, homie you cant even break 15s

LTR_Nova

Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Thu Jun 20, 02   3:59 PM     

lol do you know who your talking to?.. if im only in the 15's you wanna bet... ohh however much money you have Neon vs Nova... on the street somwhere in the middle of the country.. we could bet 30,000 $ or more..

SweetNeon

Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Sat Jun 22, 02   12:57 AM     

yea i'll bet 30,000 dollars dumb ass, shit since your on a coachella valley web site and trying to brag about your car why dont u bring it to the coachella valley if not you have no god dam place to even say shit like that, fuckin lame ass bitch find your own fucked up web site in ur area

BlackCruiser
Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Sat Jun 22, 02   3:12 PM     

Hey Chad, if the VTEC/LS motor you are suggesting has 180 hp at the wheels stock, as you claim and it's about 15-20% drivetrain loss, that works out to be about...216hp at the flywheel, right? As far as I know, Honda/Acura never made a motor stock with over 200 horse, other than the current gen 6 cylinder Accord, which makes 200.4, I believe, at the flywheel. I dont know where you get your figures from, but they dont seem to be working out very well. Who knows?

SweetNeon

Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Sun Jun 23, 02   12:45 AM     

ls/vtec is not a factory motor, its a 1.8 ls block with a b16 head

Kutsuju_racing
Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Sun Jun 23, 02   5:59 PM     

well on honda/acura's side the s2000, NSX, and the Jap speck Typre R and type S prelude, and the Type R Accord have all been over the 200 hp mark for a while now...just my statement not trying to pick a fight here. just thought I'd put it out there.

Kutsuju Racing Pres
BlackCruiser
Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   9:48 PM     

Thanks for the input, I dont know much about imports.

Kutsuju_racing
Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Tue Jun 25, 02   6:02 PM     

nah, that's cool so hey where we're you stationed? I was stationed in Germany for 6 years and my brother just hit his E-6 a few months ago and now he's going airborne...sorry got off cars there for a sec....

Kutsuju Racing Pres
BlackCruiser
Re: Need a Little advice   Posted Tue Jun 25, 02   10:01 PM     

E-mail me if you want to know anything about my Army career, let's stay on cars here. I just got my 1988 Mustang 5.0 LX 5 speed, it's sweet, the more I drive the car the more I like it. Lots of mods to come.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2