This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 19334

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
LifeOfAgony
Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Mon Jun 10, 02   2:25 PM     

Its hard to say. The little Japanese power "law" that limits output to 280 bhp, which most all of the makers will instead to report 276 bhp instead, even if its actually slightly higher. There are a few different rumors.. some say it is actually 350 bhp, stock, others say you can easily tune it up to 350 bhp once you've done a simple chip swap. But if it really is no more than 280 bhp, then the Mistubishi 3000GT VR-4 (the only AWD 3000GT) does have more power, ringing in at 300 for first gens, 320 for second gens. Also, the Supra is not AWD, its RWD.

vc1963:

I did read briefly about the Top Secret Supra with about 1000 bhp (in a British tuner car mag, actually)... They said they smashed it up doing 200 mph down some expressway. They didn't mention it having a Skyline GT-R engine, so I assumed it was a Supra engine, since there are other Supras with well over 1000 bhp, like Jun Auto's Supra, which is more like 1150-1300 bhp. I did read a bit more indepth about another hybrid: Speed Pride Engineering's Supra-7, which is a 3rd gen RX-7 body with a highly tune Supra engine in it; not sure how highly tuned, though.

novaboy:

Who cares? Even if your figures are correct, who buys a $55,000 supercar just to drag race? Talk about wasting a car. If you're gonna spend that much, why not buy a car that will do it all. A Skyline GT-R is such a supercar. As great of a car as the Corvette Z06 is, the Skyline GT-R will eat it alive on the track.

LifeOfAgony
Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Mon Jun 10, 02   2:36 PM     

fonz, you brits really do have it much better than us in a lot of respects. Not all though...

How about Nissan's Nismo Skyline 400R? They ever bring those to the UK?

Oh, another interesting thing for you all (except novaboy, who might just want to give up and head back to the domestic forum)... they are dropping the Skyline portion of the Skyline GT-R. As in, it wi'll just be called the R35 GT-R now, and the Skyline badge will be reserved for lower model cars (as there has been a sports sedan simply called "Skyline" for sometime now)

novaboy

Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Mon Jun 10, 02   3:48 PM     

bah who would want to drive a nissan anyhow.....and i doubt that the nissan will out handle a z06....it weighs 3500lbs remember!!!!

novaboy
vc1963
Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Mon Jun 10, 02   7:04 PM     

i dont know nova
i have heard from other drivers that the Z06 just doesnt hold niceley in tight cornering
but i wouldnt know for myself

no i like the R34 cause of its touring and rally abilities
drag is fun but can get dull
but in my humble opinion, anyone can drive strait with the gas to the ground
but it takes skill to move through a dirt track or touring track.
also i can just imagin the potetial of the R34 in drifting

novaboy

Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Mon Jun 10, 02   9:09 PM     

if you think drag racing is dull and doesnt take skill its because your car is slow and you have never been to the races. the z06 holds just fine thank you. any car that can go 60 around a normal streetlight corner and not slide the back out is good to me.

novaboy
rotaryracer

Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Tue Jun 11, 02   1:03 AM     

if u guys think the skyline they're bringing over is an R-34 your fucking dreaming. you'd be lucky if was a detuned R-32. a Z06 has over 400 hp with 50:50 weight distribution and its hell of a lot lighter, your nuts if u think the "american" skyline would out perform a Zo6.

No rotor, No Motor
novaboy

Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Tue Jun 11, 02   2:31 AM     

thank you for backing me up man. why is it that the rotary guys are the one import guys that are always cool. i went drift racing with my friends 91fc3s. there was a guy with an fd and he wanted to sell me a 327 for the nova. he was like " man i wish i had a nova right now....them shits is light" then he went back to talking drift racing in japaniese to his friends. definatly not like your average trendy fag with a civic. speaking of civic...there was a hatch running 12.3 at fontanna...that was the fastest imports there besides this rx2...i think it ran high 10's. id like to have a second gen some day. about the skyline....its nice...but its exspensive as hell. try finding an exhaust for that shit....everything would be streight from japan. in the japanese market it is a great car. one of the best. but the only reason that we want one so bad here is cus we dont have them. are we forgetting the supra? the stock internals are good for 400hp. lets not forget what we have.

novaboy
TheOdditie

Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Tue Jun 11, 02   10:41 AM     

Good point there nova about the supra and skyline. But Rotory, if you look up your information before you talk shit, you can get a R-34 here in the states, not detuned, along with R-33s and R-32s. Now I'm not saying they aren't very expensive to get, because they are, but you can get them over here.

"We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world!"-Fight Club TheOdditie TwisteD RideZ http://www.geocities.com/twistedridez/
rotaryracer

Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Tue Jun 11, 02   11:51 AM     

ya you can get a R-34 through www.motorex.com but it'll cost you almost 90 g's. i was talking about the skyline nissan is bringing over as an american production car.

ya nova my friend raced that guy in the rx-2 he has the gold fc. the rx-2 ran a 12, and he let off the gas halfway down the track. what did your friend run in his? he ran a 14.3 with a blown seal.

No rotor, No Motor
vc1963
Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Tue Jun 11, 02   12:40 PM     

nova im not saying the i know the Z06 is bad
i just heard it
and you are totally right about drag and me
my car is a stock accord
i cant go more then 120 without the engin sounding funny. ill admit that
i just find a thrill with drifting
i like drag though as well

hooyeah
Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Tue Jun 11, 02   1:10 PM     

do u drift with the e brake? personally i agree with novaboy drag racing takes fast reflexes and in a drag if u screw up consider yourself screwed u got 12 seconds to make it up. and jsut knowing everything what rpm to start at a whole lot of techniques and everytihng, just putting your footdown only works in things with low power. i also agree with you though rally racing is tough as well with all the course changes and terrain ect.. but u can't say drag racing is jsut hold the wheel straight and touch the floor boards.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
novaboy

Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Tue Jun 11, 02   1:20 PM     

i saw that gold one....my friend didnt race his rx. he is having boost cut problems...his fuel cut defender is messinf up and he can only boost 9-10lbs when he usually boosts 11-12. he ran a 13.2 the last time he was at fontanna(september). thats with street tires with 30lbs in them. he has drag radials...i think with some tuning and traction he could run a 12 but i think it will still run low 13's.

novaboy
vc1963
Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Tue Jun 11, 02   1:46 PM     

hooyah ill give you that
i really dont know what skill it takes to drag because ive never been in a high perfomence drag
mostly just stock
im new to all car things cause my dad thinks its a wast of money
everything i do has to be unnoticable

SweetNeon

Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Tue Jun 11, 02   11:25 PM     

zo6 more like mid 13s

hooyeah
Re: Rumors on the Skyline   Posted Wed Jun 12, 02   2:57 AM     

i thought they were like high 12s from the showroom like 12.9 or soemtihng liek that

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

Edited by hooyeah (Wed Jun 12, 02   2:58 AM)

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3