This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 20738

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)  
sweetdevil
Re: Letting off a little steam   Posted Mon Jun 10, 02   11:24 AM     

In reply to:

or just ignore the thread if its obviously bullshit

LMAO.... gotta love it, thank you for your contribution to this waste of space!!! Any particular reason why you're bitching about anyone bitching if it's a waste??? LOL, being sarcastic hun, don't take it offensively

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
fonzarelli
Re: Letting off a little steam   Posted Mon Jun 10, 02   1:43 PM     

lol good point.

what can i say??

--
bitcharelli
p.s no offence taken. i love your sarcasm.

LTR_Nova

Re: Letting off a little steam   Posted Mon Jun 10, 02   4:42 PM     

sure it was sexual.. why wouldnt it be.. anyway yeah this is a wast but i dont have much else to do right now so why not wast my free time talking to people on the otherside of the country..?

Fuel Injection is nice, but I'd rather be Blown. :-)
Z_Led

Re: Letting off a little steam   Posted Fri Jun 14, 02   3:39 AM     

..lol... I know your brother little girl.. you're not 18, you're 17. And you yourself are one of those people you bitch about the little civic/probe people. lol. You have a lude and its all euro-lighted and crap. Quit bitching, you're only contradicting yourself.

You have to trusted by the people that you lie to. So that when they turn their backs on you, you'll get the chance to put the knife in. -pink floyd
JcAus
Re: Letting off a little steam   Posted Fri Jun 21, 02   12:34 AM     

Hey I am only new on here, I have been reading the posts for a while now, but I never registered as, apparently no one from the Valley likes out siders....But I do have a question in relation the the FTO's that you guys have over in the US.

What spec are they? GS, GR, GPX GP v R, Gr sports pack or GP v R sports?

rotaryracer

Re: Letting off a little steam   Posted Fri Jun 21, 02   11:30 AM     

we don't have FTO's as a production car here. if people want one then they can import them over here.

No rotor, No Motor
JcAus
Re: Letting off a little steam   Posted Thu Jun 27, 02   5:43 PM     

Are the compliance laws really strict over there? From what I hear there are a hell of a lot of Design rules (Not sure what you guys call em over there, but over Here they are called the Australian Design Rules) that the vehicles must adhere too.

uglystick
Re: Letting off a little steam   Posted Fri Jun 28, 02   11:40 AM     

Yeah, basically if the Department Of Transportation hasn't had the ability to destroy a car like the one you want to import, you have to prove to them what would happen if it were in all of those frontal/side/rear collisions. My car was imported in the late 80's, and required a full engineering study of the vehicle including well, a lot of math that made no sense to me even with the accompanying laymans terms noted right below each equation. And all of that is just for the integrity of the body.

In addition, we had to get it into compliance with all the little things - vin numbers placed in all kinds of locations, a 'fasten seatbelt' light that would illuminate for a predetermined number of seconds post-startup, a different seatbelt configuration (evidently four point harnesses weren't dot approved, so we had to retrofit it with shoulder belts!!!)

It is a hell of a hassle to get the car in to start with. It would be much easier to simply swap vins and pray.

I'd never do it again. Even if I got my hands on an Alpina B7 Turbo w/ 10 miles on the clock.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)