This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 4435

novaboy

exhaust for a gsx!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:30 AM     

i think the greedy sp looks and sounds the best...anyone else have any opinions?

novaboy
integraracer9x
Re: exhaust for a gsx!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:47 AM     

Off hand, it is my personal opinion that the small strait through exhausts are the best looking and sounding for any kind of car. They weigh less than most other exhausts because there is less material, and they provide the best free flow for your car.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
novaboy

Re: exhaust for a gsx!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:50 AM     

yea but they have a nasty tone....i kinda want to go with a quite exhaust... i dont like loud imports.

novaboy
integraracer9x
Re: exhaust for a gsx!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   11:25 AM     

I'm almost sure they make strait through's with silencers which you can leave in for normal driving and take out for dragging. Those would be the best of both worlds.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
hooyeah
Re: exhaust for a gsx!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   12:59 PM     

i saw this one system on a show not sure if one of you guys have seen or heard of it it was called power exhaust i think and it had a control it did sometihng to some stuff in the system somewhere (it was a while ago) but u could turn it down or up giving a quiet sound for everyday and opening it up for cruise nights

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
fonzarelli
Re: exhaust for a gsx!   Posted Thu Apr 18, 02   4:52 AM     

HKS Superdragger
*roar*

novaboy

Re: exhaust for a gsx!   Posted Thu Apr 18, 02   1:32 PM     

i was thinkin about that one to. so either the super dragger or the greddy sp. any one any one ? anyone heared both?

novaboy
fonzarelli
Re: exhaust for a gsx!   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   3:19 AM     

Well, actually, my breif past experience with HKS backboxes hasnt been too great. I found that after about a year they start to rust real bad and need replacing. A lot of people here have been getting custom stainless steel back boxes made up.. ok so you dont have the brand name, but you get a lovely looking exhaust that lasts.

novaboy

Re: exhaust for a gsx!   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   3:44 AM     

the hks is stainless isnt it?

novaboy
fonzarelli
Re: exhaust for a gsx!   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   5:01 AM     

yeh they are. i dunno what i was thinking. i didnt actually own the car with the hks in question, it was a friends.. it turned out that it was a faultly exhaust and he had it replaced and he is strongly recommending it... this is the superdrager.

i dunno whats wrong with me today... maybe too much coffee this morning.

another exhaust i could recommend (if you are still willing to take my word for it) are Blitz exhausts.. again, never owned one myself but i have driven enough cars with them fitted.

im gonna stop posting for a while before i get myself in more trouble.

bye!

novaboy

Re: exhaust for a gsx!   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   5:33 AM     

i can get the hook up on the super dragger for 250. so baby looks like your getting an hks....now if only we could find a darned gsx to put it on! lol!

novaboy