This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 1590

mbquart
91 civic dx sedan - sleeper?   Posted Sun May 26, 02   6:39 PM     

should i build my 91 dx into a sleeper? its in great condition, once i replace my roof (oops - hehe) and i got a sick system- any tips?

Stryker
Re: 91 civic dx sedan - sleeper?   Posted Sun May 26, 02   9:34 PM     

In reply to:

and i got a sick system- any tips?

Sure. First tip is take the damn system out if ya want a fast car. Ya know what systems add to your car? Sound and WEIGHT. If you want a show car, keep the sound system, but if you want somethin fast, loose the tunes.

~~~::::<Scorpion Stryker>::::~~~
AirRideGTZ
Re: 91 civic dx sedan - sleeper?   Posted Sun May 26, 02   9:42 PM     

go for it, a buddy of mine out here in PHX did it. i know it's a modded B20 swap but not sure on the specs (only people that know for sure besides him is the shop that built the motor). but i do know he pulled a 13.01 at IDRC Firebird Nationals back in march. the look on people's faces when when he pulls low 13's at the track is priceless.

ArtoftheSleeper
Re: 91 civic dx sedan - sleeper?   Posted Thu Jun 6, 02   3:54 PM     

no thats called stupid.

the only way that additional 50 pounds would derail your speed to the point where it would be ridiculous to keep it there would be a totally gutted drag racer or rally car. and if you were gonna follow accepted drag weight and run specs, you should also let a little air out of your tires and run with a less than full tank of gas.

this car is neither full drag or rally i'm assuming. i like a little bass to my tunes, so keep the system until you hit the track for slips.