This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 18677

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
sweetdevil
My piece of shit car   Posted Wed May 22, 02   9:28 AM     

Ok, maybe not the place to put this, but I don't know shit about imported cars, so maybe you guys can give me a heads up before I go fork out the dough to a mechanic.
My car has been "deiseling/detonating" It started pinging, and I ran 91 octane instead of the cheap shit. It got better, but the detonation has gotten worse... Last night the check engine light came on, but went back off (on the freeway) Any ideas???
Oh yeah, for those of you who don't know what I drive. 1994 Nissan Sentra with 130,000 miles on it.
This car is history in about two months, but I'm giving it to my lil' sister who just got her license. I feel bad if I give her car and it just stops running. So if any of you guys think you know what's wrong, please let me know. Thank you!

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
novaboy

Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Wed May 22, 02   9:36 AM     

new cap,rotor,plugs,whires, if that doesnt get rid of it you might need to change your timing chain.

novaboy
BlownGTP

Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Wed May 22, 02   9:55 AM     

i do know that a big problem with nissan is fuel injectors. being in sales, i see this a lot. i would check that but the only problem is that is alot of money to replace the injectors.

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
Kutsuju_racing
Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Wed May 22, 02   4:50 PM     

I'd start from easiest to hardest? what kind of noises? does it sound like valves? You may just need a valve job done....how long has it been since the car has recieved one? How long since the oils been changed? imports last but you have to do the maintenance on um' Is the car studdering? if it's gas related then it could be your fuel filter or pump? I know in Germany I know a guy who filled up right after the Fuel truck filled up the tanks and all the dirt and shit from the tanks clogged up his fuel filter and the damn car wouldn't even start! good luck? I know that was kinda general on you but I guess I would need a little more info on the car was acting. sorry =(

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres
sweetdevil
Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Wed May 22, 02   4:57 PM     

Well, I'm pretty sure it's detonating. My friend has a timing light, gonna go see if the timing is off. I don't know when the last time any thing was replaced. Oil is changed on a regular basis. I'm going to replace the cap, rotor, wires, and plugs... see if that helps. Thanks for the help!

Kutsuju_racing
Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Wed May 22, 02   5:04 PM     

No prob! sorry I couldn't be to much help. Good luck!

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres
sweetdevil
Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Fri Jun 7, 02   10:15 AM     

Well, thanks alot Novaboy!!! I took your advice and it started detonating even worse.... then I realized I mixed up the third and fourth wire (oops)
Well, I fixed the wires and tried it again, it runs much better, the conductors on the cap and rotor were all corroded, so that's probably why it was so screwed up!
Thanks for your advice guys!!

SweetNeon

Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Tue Jun 11, 02   3:21 PM     

your car is still a piece of shit

sweetdevil
Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Wed Jun 12, 02   8:41 AM     

And your car is still ugly

SweetNeon

Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Wed Jun 12, 02   10:18 AM     

which car? i have 2 remember? but hey your car is still ulgyer then both mine combined

TheOdditie

Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Fri Jun 14, 02   1:22 PM     

I don't know who the fuck you think you are Neon, but I will have to agree with half the people on this webiste, your just a little trash talking kid that most of the time don't know what the fuck he is talking about. You say "I have 2 cars remember" like your bragging. So what you have 2 cars, your mommy and daddy probably bought both of them for you along with that rolex on your arm. I'm not sayin my car is the shit, cause all I got is a stock 91 Civic Hatch, but I'm happy with it cause I know I paid for the thing myself. And before you even tell me to get the fuck off the site cause I'm not from the valley, here is you an idea. Since you really don't want anyone on this forum, how bout you go start your own so you can get all your little friends to get on there and talk shit.

"We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world!"-Fight Club TheOdditie TwisteD RideZ http://www.geocities.com/twistedridez/
ArtoftheSleeper
Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Fri Jun 14, 02   5:25 PM     

"i have 2 cars"

you mean your parents have 2 cars? and vans dont count.

get out of here kid, you're useless.

Kutsuju_racing
Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Fri Jun 14, 02   5:49 PM     

what are you bringing to the table? just wondering? and what makes your car a sleeper? answer this wisely or your not really a sleeper? think about it.....si's are kinda quick as it is, did you take off your si emblem and put on an hx one? did you replace your 16 inch si's with 14 in stock hub caps? did you replace your taillights? are you hidding your sun roof? well if you didn't answer yes to more then half of those then it's not art. not of a true sleeper. Learn from the old school they know how to build a true sleeper. one that looks stock, but runs like a bat out of hell. That means not flossin an intercooler not running big ass meats. that means no big ass muffler where you can see it. and if you do then I give you mad respect. Now you haven't heard shit about my car because I'm notbragging on it. I'm not anywhere near done. I'm going to build it right from top to bottom and all that's left is the internal work and turbo. but I'll be more then willing to show it when I'm done, believe me. Hell the first one on my list is novaboy! =) because I like him and I want to be the second honda that he respects!

Kutsuju Racing Pres
sweetdevil
Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Mon Jun 17, 02   8:51 AM     

he wasn't talking to you, he was mouthing off to neon...

Kutsuju_racing
Re: My piece of shit car   Posted Tue Jun 18, 02   9:09 PM     

oh, well then my bad. lol

Kutsuju Racing Pres
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3