This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 7940

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Stryker
Lamborgini doors?   Posted Tue May 21, 02   5:07 PM     

Anyone know where to find the kit to make your doors open lamborgini style? If it matters, it's for a '99 Civic EX

~~~::::<Scorpion Stryker>::::~~~
Stryker
Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Wed May 22, 02   5:06 PM     

I take it no one knows.

Kutsuju_racing
Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Wed May 22, 02   5:13 PM     

Sorry man I've only seen it in a picture on a 90 Crx? sorry couldn't help....

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres
fonzarelli
Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Thu May 23, 02   4:57 AM     

something else thats pretty cool is if you have a 4 or 5 door car, move the hinges on the rear doors to the opposite side of the door.. it looks really cool anyway. i think i saw them refered to as 'suicide doors' but i dunno. anyway.. it was on a civic so..

novaboy

Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Thu May 23, 02   5:47 AM     

i know a few shops that will do them. the going rate is a grand, its all custom fab. i dont think there is a "kit". to me they are not worth a grand and i doubt that they will be very dependable. most aftermarket stuff doesnt fit very well and usually breaks easily. the best way to go would to putchace the accual door mechanizems from lambo. but we all know how much that would cost. point is...if your going full sho it will be cool, but if you want to drie the car on the street and accually USE the doors they will not be worth it.

novaboy
sweetdevil
Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Thu May 23, 02   8:14 AM     

what were you doing while typing your last post???

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Stryker
Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Thu May 23, 02   11:56 AM     

Just to clear somethin up here...it's not my car. It's my boss's, and I know it'll look kinda dumb, but hey...if he wants to do it, I'll help him. And he is gonna use it as a show car, although he does drive it regularly. And I'd like to know also, what in the hell were you on when you wrote your post?

novaboy

Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Thu May 23, 02   2:23 PM     

if im not mistaken i wrote that one really late at night. sorry lol!!!

novaboy
Stryker
Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Thu May 23, 02   3:07 PM     

LOL 'sall good.

LethalToy

Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Thu May 23, 02   6:22 PM     

As for your lambo style doors, they are quite difficult and very labour intensive to fabricate. It would be much easier to go to a gull wing style door (i.e. Delorean) They look cool and hold up much better. Cheap to take care of (new hydraulics every couple of years) but really suck when having to park at the mall cause it freaking impossible to park anywhere without some malaka parking so close beside you that you can't even open a regular door, nevermind a gullwing. Thats where a lambo door really shines. I am contemplating building gullwings for the Freak (easier to remove when wheeling) and suiciding my '93 Yota.

Too many ideas and not enough time/cash/me's. I swear i need 4 of me. One to work at the shop wrenching, one to answer the phone and help customers, one to spend time with the wife and one to help out the others when it gets really busy. lol

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
ArtoftheSleeper
Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Wed Jun 5, 02   3:07 PM     

Yep, you are correct. suicide doors came into popularity at HIM (hot import nights) a few years back, and i've only seen them twice in person. VERY expensive, VERY big pain to customize too. however if you're seriously into show, and you can get nice custom molding on the doors, and on your side skirts, you could score some big points.

LifeOfAgony
Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Fri Jun 7, 02   4:36 PM     

I would think fabricating a gullwing door (DeLorean style) system for your car would be more difficult and expensive than scissor-type doors (what they call the Lamborghini style doors), since you'd have to chop up your roof to put in the hinges/hydraulics/whatever. Also since most cars don't have the metal A-pillar framework, in such a case you wouldn't have anywhere to hinge the tops of your doors to the roof...

Speaking of which, a few weeks ago I saw an 80s Z car with gullwing doors. It was very cool. Was tempted to yell to the guy and ask him about it from the balcony of the bar we were at, but I didn't feel like acting like even more of a drunken ass than I already was ;-)

LifeOfAgony
Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Fri Jun 7, 02   4:42 PM     

Oh yeah, regarding making rear doors into suicide doors, since there are so few 4 door cars that I can stand to look at, let alone actually like, I prefer not to think about it too much... lol

But I think scissor-type doors on a VR-4 would be well trick, if I can ever manage to make my dream come true and get the scratch to buy and mod up one.

Valek
Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   7:58 PM     

I might be able to help you...i helped make a lambo kit car and if im not mistaken my auto teacher had to make the mechanisms to make the doors open upwards...but i can check on that for you to see what needs to be done...ill ask my teacher who owned it and made most of it.

here is an old pic of it when it wasn't done...(its done and sold now)

[External Image Removed]

and incase you are interested here is the finished product

[External Image Removed]

SupraStoner

Re: Lamborgini doors?   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   8:14 AM     

Jeez Valek, nice job on that Lambo, really incredible to take something that .... towable lol ..... and work it into something drivable...

Anyways, I don't think that the wing doors would be too bad either. I mean, it would take out your roof if you messed up, but you can always get that finished/fixed whatever. If you did Scissors and fucked up then ... you're probably looking at alot more damage in both dollars and time. So I'm thinking the wings ..... no Lambo shit .....

Pz...!

Pages in this thread: (1) 2