This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 11301

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
JeepNintegraGSR
need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Mon May 20, 02   8:04 PM     

well the other night i had a kinda rollin race with a stratus r/t and some kind of jag it was a 4door couldnt really tell what model but anyway i won but not by as much as i would have figured. i smoked the r/t but the jag kept up pretty good. i think its time to get a better engine managment system. my car has AEM pullys DC intake DC header DC exhaust. im not even sure what kind of stuff is out there for my car any sugestions would be great. btw its a 99 integraGSR 1.8 DOHC Vtec

novaboy

Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Mon May 20, 02   8:53 PM     

this will help you go faster and help you look cooler too. crash the integra into a wall...make sure you are going reaaaallly fast so you cant even recognize your car. then go to the insurance co. get the money for the car. take that money and buy a muscle car. but about 10 grand into the driveline and you wont have to worry about anything else....ech...we have people on here worried about getting beat by luxury cars. really could rice be any more pathetic?

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Mon May 20, 02   10:18 PM     

but u can never underestimate the luxury cars there are some extremely fast ones benz sl500 and 600 the cl600 and cl55 amg bmw m series theres a new volkswagon luxury car with a v12 500 hp i think and the jag xj or xk one of those (may hav ebeen wut beat you not sure though) although i do strongly agree with nova but don't feel to bad about it some luxury cars are FAST

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

Edited by hooyeah (Tue May 21, 02   1:55 PM)

storm

Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Tue May 21, 02   4:38 AM     

i'd just look around a little for some more parts for your car if u really like your sort of car, they have lots of parts for them

it really adds up to how much money u really want to spend to get the car up and going faster then what it is now

fonzarelli
Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Tue May 21, 02   6:13 AM     

JATO?

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1995-04.html

Kutsuju_racing
Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Tue May 21, 02   5:40 PM     

Are you from the valley? I would start back with a Cold Air Intake....then go with cam gears, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, then go internal and go with cams, then pistons and if you want the easy way out go turbo or nitrous but build for it!

Don't listen to Nova he's just a Muscle car fan. he's gone down to a civic with an integra motor don't worry he's just a little tense about those kinds of things! lol! Then he'll start talking about gears and torque and all this stuff....Hey if you are from the valley what color is your car? I might have raced you down 111 before? (well at least played around I should say) me and that guy really didn't decide to race we just kinda jumped on it!

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres
novaboy

Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Tue May 21, 02   6:06 PM     

i was just saying if he wanted to go fast for cheap then he should buy a cheap small muscle car (hmmm 1st gen. nova) and put 10 grand in the driveline. 10 grand into a civic driveline ran low 13's (justins civic) 10 grand into the novas driveline will run low 10's high 9's. rice sux!!!!!!!!!!

novaboy
Kutsuju_racing
Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Tue May 21, 02   6:11 PM     

lol!!! man you kill me nova! I new it was coming! man I'm almost tired of this one with you...lol I give man I give!!!!

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres
novaboy

Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Tue May 21, 02   9:33 PM     

hahaha...im just playing man. if he wanted to go fast in a honda i would just suggest a 93 hatch. looks, light, less $$$. crv vtec that mo fo and youll run 13's all motor easy. for about 6 grand.

novaboy
JeepNintegraGSR
Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   7:34 AM     

well nova i was actually thinkin about your idea a couple of months ago,i think my car is worth more parted out than whole. i cant go the muscle car route cause the GSR is my only car that i legal to drive i need decent gas mileage. and i already have 3 cars now i dont think i could afford another one. I do think you are right about going fast with a muscle car i used to have a 2wd S-10 with a slightly built 350 in it,but im just tryin to get my integra as fast as possible with out big $ mods

novaboy

Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   2:26 PM     

here is the deal with muscle cars...why do you think that they get bad gas milage? dont you know about volumetric efficiency? no matter what sze engine.....300hp will always require the same amount of gas. so a 300hp civic will eat the same amount of gas as a 300hp v8.

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   2:45 PM     

isn't volumetric efficiency the amount of air you can get into the engine at different levels of rpm like not being able to get the same amouth of air at 5000 rpm compared to 2000 rpm?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
novaboy

Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   2:49 PM     

no hooyeah...and i think recess is over...time to go back to jr. high!

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   2:52 PM     

well thats what we learnt in auto class about a week ago hmm textbooks and teachers are wrong well nova help me out wut is it, wut we were taught was it is the ability for the engine to take in it;s maximum capacity of air and fuel at high rpm compared to low rpm

novaboy

Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   3:00 PM     

it has nothing to deal with the rpm. it has to deal with how much fuel is required to make power. the only time it has to deal with rpm is the redline.

novaboy
Pages in this thread: (1) 2