This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 11302

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
hooyeah
Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   3:06 PM     

alright thanks nova i must have misunderstood the teacher then thanks for clearing that up, now the one question i have about that is wouldn't a more advanced honda engine use less fuel to make that amount of power considering there is less friction, that is how they become so efficient isn't it reducing friction? so according to that a 200 horse power 3.8 would use as much fuel as the 2.0 of the 200 hp acura rsx?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
novaboy

Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   3:11 PM     

there are a lot of things that have to go into it. but yes at wot the 3.8 and the 2.0 will use the same amount of fuel.

novaboy
novaboy

Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   3:14 PM     

think about it this way. you have a 500lb block to move. you have a civic and a blown 502 nova. you have one gallon of gas. you need to moe the block 10feet. the civic will move it slower usint the same gallon of gas over a longer period of time. the 502 will use up all the gas and move the block all very quickly since it is producing more power. i hope this makes sense. its hard to exsplain.

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   3:17 PM     

ok so in other words the civic will move slower but use the same amount of gas because it is running for a longer period of time? so does volumetric efficiency measure the gas that an engine requires to make a given amount of power or the gas required to perform a given amount of work?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

Edited by hooyeah (Thu May 23, 02   3:22 PM)

novaboy

Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   3:23 PM     

yea but if it were putting out the same amount of hp it would use the gas the same.

novaboy
1969Stang
Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Thu May 23, 02   3:37 PM     

the answer is true...j/k...That explaination you just did...I actually asked a friend, that is very smart...and he said your right nova...damn

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
Fat_Tony

Re: need help almost got beat by a jag   Posted Fri May 24, 02   2:12 PM     

nova the way you put that concept into a jr high level its so beautiful ,lol maybe you should put a chevy sb in a crx then you wont have to worry about much

I'll let my car do the talkin
Pages in this thread: 1 (2)