This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 12249

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
300zx

How many of us import...?   Posted Thu May 16, 02   6:54 PM     

How many of us import guys have experienced the power of rear wheel drive?

I know I have..

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
racnmightymax

Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Thu May 16, 02   7:58 PM     

my mighty max is rwd it's no wheel drive right now but thats'll so be fixed (damn tranny bearings seased up)

:-) CHEVY has added wires to the rear window to clear fog and frost. But FORD is adding the wire elements to the tailgates on all of their trucks to keeps your hands warm while you're pushing!
TheOdditie

Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Thu May 16, 02   8:32 PM     

Yea, import doesn't just mean FWD, but most of them are. Wouldn't mind have a 300ZX or something of the sort, just for the RWD feel, that and so I can learn how to drift.

"We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world!"-Fight Club TheOdditie TwisteD RideZ http://www.geocities.com/twistedridez/
Kutsuju_racing
Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Thu May 16, 02   8:49 PM     

well I use to drive a 65 bug if that counts and every vehicle until I was 18 years old that I ever drove was a rear wheel drive...and I've been driving since I was like 12 so if that counts then so be it....but there are a lot of rear wheel drive imports.

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres
novaboy

Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Thu May 16, 02   8:53 PM     

im still drooling over awd!!!!!hehehe!!!!

novaboy
rotaryracer

Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Fri May 17, 02   12:36 AM     

i've only owned rwd vehicles, never had much of interest in fwd... just like the feeling of being pushed rather than being pulled

No rotor, No Motor
novaboy

Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Fri May 17, 02   2:55 AM     

being pulled is not all that bad. its easier to drive than rwd. my only complaint is that when i take a sharp uphill turn the civic just pushes and doesnt turn. damn that understeer. of corse it you take a turn in a rwd to fast youll be looking at the ass end of the car real fast. lol!!!

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Fri May 17, 02   3:14 AM     

both have their advantages both provide a different feeling, personally i prefer rear (have yet to experience all in a car) i'm no exactly an import guy but with weight transfer and all that fun technical stuff i have to go with rear for wut i think it's superior performance

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
integraracer9x
Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Fri May 17, 02   7:57 AM     

I personally like driving a front wheel drive car. Rear wheel drive is excellent in it's own aspects, but, just this winter, I was comming home at around 2:00 in the morning. I was going up the main road in town, which is a fairly high incline. I was doing about 45. It was snowing pretty bad. I blew past a commaro that kept fishtailing every time he excellerated. I've found that Front wheel drive handle's much better than all but AWD, and I just happen to like the feel of it.

But then agian, to each his own. Respectively.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
hooyeah
Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Fri May 17, 02   12:17 PM     

in the snow yes u really have to be gentle with a rwd i've experienced that definately the thing i have found with a front driver in the snow is once u get moving as long as u don't stop u r perfectly fine and can go through pretty much anything but for me nothing will compare to drifting and donuts and a rwd car fishtailing around corners without the e brake thats wut i love the most about them i jsut think personally they perform better. I tried driving a firebird in the winter trust me i know how that camaro owner felt oh yah and nothing compares to a true rear drive burnout

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

Edited by hooyeah (Fri May 17, 02   1:08 PM)

novaboy

Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Fri May 17, 02   1:07 PM     

im sorry but awd definatly takes the cake. i told drea she couldnt get an import unless it was turbo and awd.
she was like "yea i dont want a rice pos either"
i was like "do you like eclipses"...
shes all "yea they are pretty"
me"ok good get a GSX"
her"whats that?"
me"turbo AWD eclipse with 210hp"
her"does it come in stick?
"yea"
her "ok good".4 months later and here it is.
P.S. ever see an awd do a donut?dddaaaaammmmmnnn!!!!!!!!!!

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Fri May 17, 02   1:10 PM     

awd gets those nice cyclone donuts yah that is nice and when u smoke all 4 wheels off a start thats sweet to but if i were going to get all wheel drive it would be a truck the cars are sweet but i'd rather have my awd for offroading and a rear driver for the street

novaboy

Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Fri May 17, 02   1:24 PM     

thats just cus you have never been in an awd street car. ill give you a ride...youll convert i promise. about burning out. it doesnt burn out. i doesnt chirp just hooks. i here if i rev it to 5500 it will do a little chirp but im not gonna beat on the clutch just to do that. 4000rpm launches and i guarenty it will pull at least a car on any car here. except another awd. =)

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Fri May 17, 02   1:28 PM     

the burnouts arent for performance sake those are just for fun i've never seen a car purposely burnout in a race i do respect allwhell drivers impreza, skyline, lancers and all those other ones that are int here to but for fun sake i would take a rear driver any day. i have nothing against all wheel drivers i agree they will hook up awesome and perform great but i prefer the feel and fun factor of the rear drivers

novaboy

Re: How many of us import...?   Posted Fri May 17, 02   1:32 PM     

like i said...only cus youve never been in an awd car.

novaboy
Pages in this thread: (1) 2