This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 20669

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
john_n_2da_guyen
the import and domestic argument   Posted Fri Dec 1, 06   7:26 PM     

i've been looking around the posts and i see a lot of hate against imports. I dont understand why there are so many people who think their car is the shit. Their are stupid ricers that ride around everyday thinkin they the shit. But their are also domestics that do the same, especially Mustangs in my location.
I started racing because i hated Mustangs. A fellow mustang driver told me my car was crap and i blew the rods outta him.
But as i raced more and more, i started respecting some mustangs because there IS mustangs out there that IS fast. (but i like chevys better haha)
I hope the "flamers" will understand that imports can be just as fast as domestics, if not faster. Instead of saying that imports are better than domestics (and vice versa), try to hate on the ricers and domestic ricers instead. :- P (it will make a world a better place!)

Racerchic06
Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Sun Dec 3, 06   12:43 PM     

You just wasted that whole lecture about your stupid shit. I dont care what the hell you say, domestics are better. And Fords are BETTER then chevys.

IF YOU READ THIS YOUR GAY
THIS INCLUDES NOS CUZ EVERYBODY KNOWS HES A FUCKING GAY ASS
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Sun Dec 3, 06   5:16 PM     

Quit acting like such a redneck cunt and dont bother to post if you're gonna do that shit in the import forum.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
john_n_2da_guyen
Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Sun Dec 3, 06   7:11 PM     

my lecture wasnt aimmed towards to hate anybody or any car class.. wat is your reason for domestics being better anyway?

Edited by john_n_2da_guyen (Sun Dec 3, 06   7:51 PM)

SweetNeon

Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Mon Dec 4, 06   10:12 AM     

well she got ass raped every sunday mornng in her dads ford on the way to church so I'm assumeing she thinks there better because Fords have a softer seat for her swolen A-hole.

DBLDREW
Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Mon Dec 4, 06   11:17 AM     

Well the 2 main reasons that domestics are better then imports (for drag racing) is 1 they are faster, 2 they are the best bang for your buck.

Yes you can make imports fast but for the same $$ you put into your import you could have a faster domestic generally speaking of course.

But who cares, if you like a certain car, be it a Ford, Honda, Nissan, etc build what you like and who cares what others think.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
SweetNeon

Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Mon Dec 4, 06   12:12 PM     

4cyls are cheeper to build then 8 cyls

DBLDREW
Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Mon Dec 4, 06   2:47 PM     

I question if that is true. But regardless I’m not talking about the rebuild cost, I’m talking about the $$ it takes to get a certain hp goal. So hypothetically speaking if you want to make 700hp you could do it cheaper building a domestic v-8 then an import 4 cylinder.

So here is some examples if we buy a complete race ready motor rather then building your own here is a few imports I found…

A Honda R-spec motor from exospeed

$5760 – 200-220hp
http://www.exospeed.com/category.php?id=371

A Nissan 3.0L
$10,500 – 300hp
http://hekimianracing.com/nissan3lna.html

It’s hard to find complete import race motors that show a price but just to compare what I found to Ford …

408 stroker
$6875- 500hp

466 BBF
$5995 – 525hp

514 BBF
$9,675 – 700hp

http://www.keithcraft.com/ads/index.html#5

So obviously you would be better off building your own in both cases but it just helps illustrate the difference between the cost per HP.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Mon Dec 4, 06   6:48 PM     

That Honda "R-spec motor" is garbage. Lists Non- VTEC blocks with VTEC heads (and import "motor companies" chage ridiculous amounts because of hype. I can get the $3500 non R type longblock for $1300 for everything). The 300zx N/A motor with $8.5k of work done can easily be applied to the turbo motor to make 500ish horsepower or more. Either way, best bang for your buck if you're looking purely for HP numbers, but more shit will go bang with a domestic.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
john_n_2da_guyen
Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Mon Dec 4, 06   8:16 PM     

nice info.. but it also depends on who u know.. u can pick up a bunch of stuff here and there.. but i DO hate company products cuz they charge out the ass.. but i like ur input..

NOS
Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Thu Dec 7, 06   7:44 PM     

domestics and imports have their advantages and disadvantages, majority of drag racing domestics win. majority of time attacks imports win. in a circuit both are about the same depending on the course and turns

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me
SweetNeon

Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Thu Dec 7, 06   7:45 PM     

dumbshit

NOS
Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Thu Dec 7, 06   7:49 PM     

thats not what ur mom was saying last night

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me
SweetNeon

Re: the import and domestic argument   Posted Thu Dec 7, 06   7:54 PM