This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 23403

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
integraracer9x
Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   8:04 AM     

I raced a cop last night! It must have been the coolest thing in the world. I was going down the main road in town at about 2 am. I'm just chillin', listening to music and cruising on my way home, when I pull up to a red light [2 lane road], on my left is a local cop. I just figured whatever, and continued on my way when the light changed. I accelerated faster than him and within a few seconds, I hear his little police interceptor's engine start roaring towards me. I freak thinking I'm gonna get a ticket or something, but he blows by me pointing and laughing! He stops halfway into the intersection on the next light and I line up behind the crosswalk. I can see he's leaning over trying to see me, he's still laughing. So I just figure, fuck it. If I get a ticket, at least it'd be worth it, so at the light we go. I hammered on it and laid out a bit of rubber as I passed the little guy. You all should've seen the look on his face when he started to hammer on the gas to catch up, of course he had no chance in hell so I slowed back down to the correct speed. He caught up with me and gave me that little nod of acknowledgement. Then he turned off on some side street. Lesson Learned: 5 O are 2 slow.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
LethalToy

Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   8:52 AM     

I have seen the same thing happen around here. Too paranoid to do it myself, but have been behind a cop when he pulled up on someone and rev'd on him in the wee hours of the morning.

----------------------------------------------------------- 1993/84 Toyota 4x4's, '97 T/A 190+mph, 11 sec. Malibu 1/4 mile car
GotRiceBitch

Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:18 AM     

That's too funny. Those guys always harrass us about how dangerous it is and then they go do it themselves. LOL.. oh well, they must be bored.

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand
LethalToy

Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:23 AM     

They're people too. I have done mods for a few police officers. Usually give 'em a bit of a deal too. it pays off down the road when you get pulled over or get a ticket you need a cop to sign off on. Saved my ass more times than i can count. And guess what? Most of 'em aren't half bad.

----------------------------------------------------------- 1993/84 Toyota 4x4's, '97 T/A 190+mph, 11 sec. Malibu 1/4 mile car
novaboy

Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:24 AM     

true its the law you should hate not the officers. its there job to tattle tell! lol! jk! for the most part there really helping you.

novaboy
LethalToy

Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:34 AM     

I just wish they would start yanking the shit boxes off the streets. You know the ones, with the muffler dragging, spewing black smoke, no brakes/horn/lights etc.... Quit buggin the guys and girls with custom rides. It is obvious we love our vehicles and take extra special care of them. Hell most of my rides are safer than when they came from the factory. Upgraded brakes, exhaust systems, more fuel efficient, better lighting etc.... I can not count the # of "Report to Inspection" citations I have received. The inspector just laughs, takes my $75 and gives me a new decal without even looking anymore. I'd have enough for a supercharger for my 383 stroker by now. I added them all up and I'd still have enough left over for a Happy Meal.

integraracer9x
Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:45 AM     

I agree with the idea of hating the law but not the officers. There's a Taco Bell where I'll usually hang out with about 70+ cars, and the cops just pull up, get out and chill with us. Usually there only there to keep us under control so no one starts fighting or anything else that's stupid like that. I know one cop who show parks his car next to everyone else [reverses into place to show off front of car]. Kinda cool if you ask me. They do help keep the local assholes from imberassing the rest of us.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
integraracer9x
Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   11:22 AM     

The funny thing is that the cops I know still won't let me off the hook for anything. Damn it.

sweetdevil
Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   11:29 AM     

Cops are a whole different animal. Just entirely different people. I dated one for a year, cool guy, but just.... uh... a cop! Nothing with the law that bothered me (I don't do anything too illegal) but their jobs make them really different. Those of you who are real close to cops know what I'm talking about.

integraracer9x
Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   11:34 AM     

That must of sucked to go with a cop for a while, unless you picked up a lot of the stuff to avoid doing and such.

sweetdevil
Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   11:58 AM     

No, it's just like any other job. I met a lot of cops out here though! I've never had a ticket in the Coachella Valley. I can always say some name to get me out of trouble. But when I head up north I have a radar magnet on the damn freeways!

integraracer9x
Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   12:13 PM     

Radar Magnet?
You Mean Radar Detector?
Or do you mean Nice car?
Or perhaps the cops are attracted to you.

hooyeah
Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   12:57 PM     

a friends dad is a cop mentioning a name doesn't always work heres the story
cop pulls the guy over for speeding walks up to the car starts to write out the ticket guy mentions to him oh officer would u care to say hi to (lets call him zeezee top) for me. cop starts a conversation oh how do u know him chats for a bit finds out the guy talked to him this morning lol. cop walks back up to the car hands the guy his ticket signed in big letters constable ZeeZee Top haha don't try it unless u know for sure ppl. needless to say the guy was shocked. BOOM!!! that would be the sound of his plan blowing up in his face

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
sweetdevil
Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   1:11 PM     

That would suck... I actually know most of them, or somone who does. My car has this magnet that I can't figure out how to turn off. When I'm on the free way, it attracts cops in bad moods with radar guns, when I'm in traffic, it attracts old people who can't see, and when I'm in a hurry it attracts the slowest snow birds in the fucking world!!! Does anyone know how to turn this thing off??? I refilled the anti-magnetic field fluid, but it didn't help!

LethalToy

Re: Unlawfull Law!   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   2:03 PM     

Sorry, your screwed. Can't remove it once it's in. Gotta buy a new car. Now you have an excuse....start shoppin.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4