This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 35450

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
DBLDREW
WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   2:54 PM     

Who do you think would get a better launch a built fox bodied mustang or a built sti running 25 psi?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2513924112595050940

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
NOS
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   3:37 PM     

ok for one thing that stang isnt stock and the only reason the subaru was about 39k was because it was new and it had a rebuilt engine. i dont kno about the stang but im pretty sure it was over 31,000 the year it was out. and a good rebuilt engine especialy a porshe one should run u way over 8k. im sure if the subaru was same year as mustang it would be only about 10k and be 10x more reliable. and if the subaru had as much money as the stang did it would be just as fast or faster

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   5:11 PM     

That isnt even an STI. The foxbody is using slicks and actually is fully built. An STI with BPU would run an 11. I hate it when people try to compare the prices of cars and their overall power. The STI is brand new and the mustang is a 20 year old POS.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   6:31 PM     

Porsche motor my ass, what dumbshit made that up.

DBLDREW
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   7:59 PM     

Bla bla bla, the sti got raped, end of discussion. I love it when import fans always start throwing out the ifs. If the sti had this mod or if it had that mod it would win… bla bla bla. There is no way dollar for dollar an import will beat out a small block domestic. I’m not saying that you can’t make an import fast, because you can. It will just cost you more money then building a small block Ford or Chevy.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   10:25 PM     

Wow, actually read what people write. It ISNT an STI.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Sat Sep 9, 06   8:58 AM     

I was replying to nos, and nowhere in his post did he mention that it wasn’t an STI. In fact the only person who said it wasn’t and sti was you, but then in the same post you said it was.

“That isnt even an STI.” And then “The STI is brand new and the mustang is a 20 year old POS.”

Nice job moron

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Sat Sep 9, 06   11:33 AM     

The STI is a brand new car. I wasnt referring to the car in the video.

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Sat Sep 9, 06   8:15 PM     

Nice job moron.

NOS
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Sat Sep 9, 06   9:24 PM     

if the if the guy had a 20 yr old wrx (impreza but im not sure how far back it goes) then the price would be lower than the stang thus allowing more cash for the engine plus the look of an impreza or wrx is 1000000 times better than that POS mustang

DBLDREW
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Mon Sep 11, 06   12:53 PM     

What? That doesn’t make any sense. In the same sentence that you are referring to the mustang in the video we are to believe that you weren’t referring to the sti? Nice try but why don’t you just admit that you’re an idiot and you tried to call me out for referring to it as a sti when you did the same.

Which buy the way how do we know it’s not an sti? The video was very low quality. How do we know that he didn’t remove the back spoiler to help reduce drag? I understand it’s very hard for a ricer to comprehend that someone might remove a spoiler rather then adding a bigger one but it is possible. So what other signs are there other then the lack of the spoiler that tell us if it’s an sti or not?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Mon Sep 11, 06   6:22 PM     

Ground effects and the fact that people will say its an STI to make their car look that much faster.

[External Image Removed]
NOS
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Tue Sep 12, 06   5:47 AM     

sti comes with bigger hood scoop a diff body kit brembo front brakes and a bigger wing thats all i can think of right now that im 100% sure of

DBLDREW
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   10:29 AM     

Gee thanks. Now lets all go back and watch the video again to see if there was a hood scoop and what brakes where on the car. Oh that’s right you can only see the ass end of the car…

Regardless if that car was and sti or not it did run in the 11s so that is still very respectable for a street car.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   11:50 AM     

At least one claim in that video is false. If it is a fully built boxer out of a base WRX then it would be safe to say that it would run an 11. If it is a fully built boxer out of an STI, then theres something wrong with the times associated with it.

[External Image Removed]
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3