This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 35450

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
DBLDREW
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   1:28 PM     

Why? A sti only runs in the 13s in stock trim. Just because they said it was a fully built motor doesn’t mean anything. That is a very generic term. Saying that it is “fully built” is the same as saying that it’s “fully modified” both are generic and basically meaningless. So that doesn’t prove any false claim.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   2:56 PM     

The term fully modified implies that there is nothing more that can be done to the car, and for $8000, I doubt it is meaningless.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   3:36 PM     

I don’t know isn’t $8,000=11 seconds pretty common for the import world? Everything I have ever heard is that it is never cheap to modify an import.

No fully modified doesn’t mean then there is nothing left to do. It means you have modified every major part of the engine. But there is a large degree of variation on what could have been done to the motor. For instance if I said I modified my motor and I put new pistons, new crank, new heads, cam, intake, headers etc.. That would be a fully modified engine. Now that motor could be making 300hp-1000hp depending on what exactly I did. Like what compression ratio did I go with? 9:1, 10:1, 11:1,12:1? Or what heads did I go with, a crappy pair of gt40 heads or did I go with AFR 225s? Is the cam a solid roller with over .700” lift or is a mild street cam? There is a big difference in the power output of all of the parts I listed. So just saying it is fully built or fully modified doesn’t really tell us anything.

Silo55
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   5:07 PM     

And in the Subarus case, mainly what size of turbo-charger was used.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   9:30 PM     

It tells me enough to know that an STI should be running faster than that.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   7:47 AM     

If you watch the video it almost looks like he missed a shift. So if that is the case and he still ran in the 11s with a missed shift, that is still pretty impressive for a street car.

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   11:30 AM     

Where in the video does it say he ran an 11? looks more like a 14sec run to me. $8k for a fully built porsche motor installed my ass, you would be lucky to find a stock boxster used engine for $5000 with out the trans.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   11:42 AM     

Not Boxster you retard, Boxer. A Boxer is a horizontally opposed piston engine, used only to my knowledge by Subaru and Porsche.

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   1:06 PM     

like the engine in a Boxster porsche ya fuckin moron?

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   1:11 PM     

Kind of like when you put that big wing on your non turbo 1986 RX-7?

DBLDREW
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   2:11 PM     

It said that it was 11s in the video description. “An 11-second sti in a display of dragstrip traction…”

Yes it did look rather slow to me as well. But when you are going up against a 8 or 9 second car an 11 second car will look slow.

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   4:33 PM     

A 9 sec car looks like a 9 sec car. A 11 sec car looks like an 11 sec car. A 14 sec car looks like a 14sec car. Understand moron?

NOS
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   4:38 PM     

no not unless its a sleeper

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me
SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   9:23 PM     

yea like the sleeper mustang that was pry runing drag slicks as wide as my cock in your moms dirty cunt.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   11:23 PM     

It must have been running on tricycle tires then.

[External Image Removed]
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3