This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 232301

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 12 13  
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Mon Dec 11, 06   4:27 PM     

Allow me to elaborate further. You would have to swap out axles and such on top of getting mounts, shift linkage, computer etc.. The extra money for the head and block is if you decide to do an LSVTEC setup like he mentioned.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Mon Dec 11, 06   4:46 PM     

The stock pistons have some kind of coating on them so when switching over to forged pistons, you have to resleeve it with something stronger. Extensive information on this subject is available in the prelude forum over at Honda-Tech.com. Now, to rebutt the other guy, that paragraph only helped my cause. It says the cylinder walls are THINNER THAN A B SERIES, NOT THAT THE H SERIES WALLS ARE THIN, and he mentions this for building a RACE MOTOR that would be BORED out. He also says that the bang for the buck factor is greater with the H series when he says that amount of work it would take and cost of doing an H swap is more reliable and cheaper than doing a B swap. Reading is fundamental, hit the bricks kid.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
john_n_2da_guyen
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Mon Dec 11, 06   4:57 PM     

lol.. good call good call.. the case has rest.. i forgot that they were comparing B vs H motors ^^
about resleeving, i thought blocks were sleeved for fortification of the block when runnin very high compression or forced induction.. since the stock sleeves cant handle all the pressure being combusted inside the chambers.. but i also know a guy runnin stock sleeves (on a b16 motor) that has about 460hp (he ran 11.04 at 146.xxmph)..
but yea, the film on the forged pistons are made to eliminate cracking and protect against oil blowby..

Edited by john_n_2da_guyen (Mon Dec 11, 06   5:09 PM)

john_n_2da_guyen
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Mon Dec 11, 06   4:59 PM     

search yahoo or google?? how do u upload pics on this forum? use html?

SweetNeon

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Mon Dec 11, 06   5:29 PM     

photobucket.com

DBLDREW
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Tue Dec 12, 06   6:48 PM     

Yes I know about the anti-friction coating they put on the skirt of the piston. But why wouldn’t they design a forged piston that also has the coating? What genius came up with the idea that rather then coating the forged piston that you would instead re-sleeve your block? Only in the import world would such half assed performance parts be accepted.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Racerchic06
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Tue Dec 12, 06   7:21 PM     

I agree.

IF YOU READ THIS YOUR GAY
THIS INCLUDES NOS CUZ EVERYBODY KNOWS HES A FUCKING GAY ASS
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Tue Dec 12, 06   7:27 PM     

They do have pistons with the coat, but its the stock sleeves thats the actual problem. Theyre "FRM" (Fibre reinforced material) that becomes scored with anything besides the OEM iron piston. The material melts like glue after so many miles and eevntually seizes everything. From what I have learned so far, only Wiseco makes a piston that is FRM compliant.

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Tue Dec 12, 06   7:28 PM     

Stupid whore, you agree on things that you know nothing about.

[External Image Removed]
NOS
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Wed Dec 13, 06   5:27 AM     

to sweet neon take a look at this [External Image Removed]

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me
DBLDREW
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Wed Dec 13, 06   8:08 AM     

Ok I did some research on this whole re-sleeveing process. What I have read is that Honda uses an aluminum sleeve for the h22 block and there is a FRM lining over the aluminum sleeve. The problem comes with the FRM lining is to thin, (which is what John probably was referring to) anyway, when you change pistons you need to either bore your cylinder, or at least hone it. If you bore it, it will completely remove the FRM lining and then you are left with just a soft aluminum sleeve (not good). If you just hone it, it will still take some of the FRM material off and severely weaken it (again not good). So if you don’t hone your cylinder and just swap the pistons, you won’t have any problems with your cylinder walls, but with out the cross hatch pattern from the bore the new rings will not break in correctly, and you will have bad blow by and loss of compression (not good).

Now supposedly there is a new piston and ring set that they can do a shallower hone then what is typically done and you can skip the re-sleeve process, but there isn’t too much info on the reliability of this route. But even if that is true I question how strong an aluminum sleeve would be.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
gamer

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Wed Dec 13, 06   1:25 PM     

that pic didnt come in for me

SweetNeon

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Wed Dec 13, 06   2:23 PM     

What is your point? That is a cyl head not a picture of a cracked cyl wall.

gamer

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Wed Dec 13, 06   2:35 PM     

oh never mind

Racerchic06
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Thu Dec 14, 06   5:20 PM     

Look you dont know what i know and what i dont but one of the things i do know is that you are a motherfucker who sucks his moms dik and his dads pussy. thats why your such a pansy ass.

IF YOU READ THIS YOUR GAY
THIS INCLUDES NOS CUZ EVERYBODY KNOWS HES A FUCKING GAY ASS
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 12 13