This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 232301

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 11 12 13  
john_n_2da_guyen
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Fri Dec 8, 06   10:56 PM     

first factor: ok.. why would u supercharge a h22 anyway? its walls are too thin and its already high compression.. spinnin with a supercharger with only a 5lbs pulley can have a chance to blow the motor already.. and about the 800 headers, ive never seen any cost over 500 unless they were "j-spec"...
next factor: supercharger kits can go easliy for $4000+ but those are for the "track fanatics".. unless u wanna buy a $2000 kit that gets barely any power gains until u run high octane (race gas)..
last factor: h22 swap plus bolt ons are all u need if u are a daily driver.. why make tremendous power if u arent goin pro?.. thats why i chose simple n/a rather than forced induction for this person

gamer

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Sat Dec 9, 06   8:33 AM     

sweet

SweetNeon

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Sat Dec 9, 06   9:11 AM     

I would love to have a 400hp 4cyl daily driver.

gamer

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Sat Dec 9, 06   9:14 AM     

yeah me to

john_n_2da_guyen
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Sat Dec 9, 06   4:01 PM     

yep.. on my way there lol

SweetNeon

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Sat Dec 9, 06   4:44 PM     

and how are you going to do that?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Sun Dec 10, 06   3:03 PM     

A good header, as in not DC sports or Greddy bullshit. Something good like T1R, RMR, SMSP etc.. Fujitsubo exhausts and the like are gonna run you at least $700 as well. Cylinder walls too thin in the H22 to run a supercharger? What makes you say that? Do you even know what you're talking about? you can run a t3/t4 at 8psi with stock internals just fine. A supercharger kit is gonna run you $2500 at 7psi, and it will dramatically change the powerband in the lower rpm range. "Thin cylinder walls" - what a joke.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Sun Dec 10, 06   5:01 PM     

Its good we have 2 comedians here now. Do you have a $700 header on your 1991 MR2 slow?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Sun Dec 10, 06   8:23 PM     

I dont have an MR2, and if I did I wouldnt be using n/a headers meticulously designed for all motor usage you goon.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
john_n_2da_guyen
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Sun Dec 10, 06   8:30 PM     

no, i wasnt joking.. and yes, i know what i am talking about.. ive done my fair share of research when debating on doing a gsr, type r, or h22 swap.. it IS true that h22 have thin walls when goin forced induction.. why dont u go check it out urself.. and get this through: not everyone has money to go turbo or supercharge!!!.. i mentioned N/A because the subject of this forum is "hey im new and need help".. and my team have already tested the jackson supercharger on my friends h22 pumpin at 6psi.. and u know wat? the gains were nowhere near wat we see on the ads (300hp/240tq).. we called and asked customer service and they said "u have to tune it and run race gas and boost higher".. go figure, a rip off!! believe me, its true, h22 is too thin unless u rebuild the block and sleeve it.. and besides, im not saying you are wrong, its just most people who are new in the car scene usually go for i/h/e before anyting else..

Edited by john_n_2da_guyen (Sun Dec 10, 06   8:36 PM)

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Sun Dec 10, 06   10:12 PM     

If you arent tuning an FI setup, then you shouldnt be running an FI setup. The cylinder walls are not too thin. the only reason people resleeev is so that they can use forged pistons. If you dont resleeve, the pistons will score the cylinder walls: thats it. The JRSC with Toda spec B's and Type S pistons will make at least 230-250 whp with a good tune, and this being swapped into something besides a lude is a huge plus as well. I want to see proof that the cylinder walls are too thin.

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Mon Dec 11, 06   10:29 AM     

Having to re-sleeve your block just to go with forged pistons, because the pistons will score your block doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. The pistons aren’t riding on the cylinder wall the rings are. Now forged pistons do expand more under extreme heat over a hypereutectic piston. But regardless if the forged pistons are “slapping” the cylinder wall due to the extra space required for the heat expansion of the piston, what is putting a new cylinder sleeve going to do?

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
john_n_2da_guyen
Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Mon Dec 11, 06   12:52 PM     

you will have to read alot on these forums:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/printthread.php?t=127184&page=4&pp=15

(quote from jezek, paragraph 4):
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=55206

better yet, look up "h22 cylinder walls" on yahoo or google and you'll get alot of searches saying h22 cylinder walls crack easy under forced induction.. but imma give this debate up because its up to the "hey im new and need help" guy.. although he seemed to have left the forum!!

SweetNeon

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Mon Dec 11, 06   1:00 PM     

" Favorite! | Print Thread
Rx_otary_Se7en
(Black Sunshine)
Mon Dec 4, 06 6:52 PM
Re: first car [re: john_n_2da_guyen] Reply

Oh really? So my turbo MR2 in stock form purchased for $6k is slower than a CRX that will need a full swap from D to B series, plus the expense for the head, block, transmission, and labor if you need it? I think not. The EG is lighter anyway.

Post Extras "

You want to look at your post and think about it for a sec dumbass?

SweetNeon

Re: hey im new and need help   Posted Mon Dec 11, 06   1:04 PM     

You wont find any good info on those websites. I would like to see some pictures of a cracked honda cyl wall, got any?

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 11 12 13