This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 3386

buddhakwake
tC info   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   11:39 AM     

Okay, got up way early this morning (6:30 am on my day off) to change the front brake pads on my tC and thought that I would post the tool info I learned through trial and error. It took me about an hour to change the passenger side front brakes because I didn't have the right size tools for the job (had to walk all the way back across the street each time I needed to get different size tools) and because I had to solve the ipod problems that my Polish visitors were having (why can't people learn how to teach themselves to operate new software programs, like I do). The driver's side was easy, did it in about 10 minutes including jacking up the car, lowering it and putting everything away. Turns out you need a 14mm ratchet for the bolts for the calipers and a 17mm openended wrench for the nuts. You also need a very large set of channel lock pliers to push the piston back in (the first one I tried wasn't big enough to go over the caliper). Once I had those things figured out it went really well. Next time I should be able to do the whole thing in about 20 minutes.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: tC info   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   3:40 PM     

Sounds good. I hope to get a Brembo kit soon to go with my H22. We'll see if I can get that installed within a day lol.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
Str33tRacer

Re: tC info   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   8:11 PM     

I'm getting eibach suspention on my gocart it's gunna be awesome when I get it I think I'm getting the next week on thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: tC info   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   8:38 PM     

Waste of money.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
Str33tRacer

Re: tC info   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   10:48 PM     

i dont think so because my gocart has the worst suspention of any gocart i know! plus the suspention is gunna be agustable! they only cost $250 for all four thats not bad at all because if they were on a car i think they would be around $ 1500 i think! im not sure!

buddhakwake
Re: tC info   Posted Sat Jul 8, 06   9:34 AM     

All I did was change brake pads. If you get that whole Eibach kit installed and functioning in one day that would be pretty good (I assume it includes new braided lines as well). I just wish I had an air conditioned garage to work in so I don't have to get up at 630 and still be sweating my ass off at 830 when it's already 90+ degrees outside.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Str33tRacer

Re: tC info   Posted Sat Jul 8, 06   12:43 PM     

LOl yeah they are< i just work out side on my gocart not enough room in the garage! lol