This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 16210

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
XXof
Rx-7   Posted Wed Jul 5, 06   8:07 PM     

i just got a 1988 non turbo rx 7 and i want to no what can u do to make to it to make it fast? and i dont have alot of money at the moment so kinda of keep that in mind while you try to help.

and iam new with the hole car tune thing so if u dont have anything good to say please dont say anything at all

buddhakwake
Re: Rx-7   Posted Wed Jul 5, 06   8:18 PM     

Save up for an engine swap. That's the first thing to do with any car if it is an option. That way you have the best base to start with, and later you won't have to throw away any of the upgrades you did on the lesser engine.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Str33tRacer

Re: Rx-7   Posted Wed Jul 5, 06   8:45 PM     

that is a good idea, but I uld get a blower, and a blow off valve for it then you will be set. the total price will probably be around $ 3,700- $ 4,000

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Rx-7   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   9:41 AM     

There is no way you are going to be able to do anything that will give you any good amount of power. Your best bet is to just buy a turbo model. The amount you would spend for I/H/E would be the cost difference of selling your current car and purchasing a turbo model.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
Str33tRacer

Re: Rx-7   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   9:42 AM     

yeah that's another good idea!

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."
FC3Smazz
Re: Rx-7   Posted Sun Sep 3, 06   9:57 PM     

ok this is what u want to do first off iff its automatic u really dont want to mess with it not worth it now take it down to a shop and have them set the timing as close as possible that will kick up ur horses then if u can handle the heat of the desert take out ur ac completely if u want to drift dont do this but if ur lookin for a track car u can also take out the power steering there is so many things u can do to these awsome cars on a budget so there u go if u want u can get in touch with me and i can chek it out and let u know what ur workin with anyone who is a friend of mazda is a freind of me

NOS
Re: Rx-7   Posted Sun Sep 3, 06   10:10 PM     

i think this guy most likely wants a streetable car thats fully fuctional

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me
FC3Smazz
Re: Rx-7   Posted Sat Sep 9, 06   9:04 PM     

it is a fine setup for a daily driver he wanted to know what will make it fast and i told him

NOS
Re: Rx-7   Posted Sat Sep 9, 06   9:28 PM     

who would take out AC and power steering for a daily driver?

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me
FC3Smazz
Re: Rx-7   Posted Sun Sep 10, 06   4:00 AM     

i did it just fine for me it helps alot but im a drifter type so got tired of the hole no power steering thing so bye bye old car new project car coming

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Rx-7   Posted Sun Sep 10, 06   5:32 PM     

So, it helps for you, but you got tired of not having powersteering? Is it safe to say it didnt help you then?

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: Rx-7   Posted Sun Sep 10, 06   8:20 PM     

A poor bastard that mod's out there daily driver.

Iwantasupra

Re: Rx-7   Posted Mon Sep 11, 06   12:06 PM     

That grammar is so poor I had to read it four times to understand it.....

Anyone can shoot a bullet, but it take skill to drive one.
SweetNeon

Re: Rx-7   Posted Mon Sep 11, 06   12:58 PM     

You just didnt understand it because your a 12 year old retard.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Rx-7   Posted Mon Sep 11, 06   1:53 PM     

More like you have the education of a 12 year old retard.

[External Image Removed]
Pages in this thread: (1) 2