This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 1884

JoKeRCiViC

should i get air ride   Posted Wed May 8, 02   8:01 PM     

should i get air ride is it any fun to use is it good in the overall i would apreciate some advise on this subject

300zx

Re: should i get air ride   Posted Wed May 8, 02   8:09 PM     

im not to sure on the subject but my friend was gonna get make his prelude one, but he decided it was too much money to do.

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
hooyeah
Re: should i get air ride   Posted Wed May 8, 02   8:11 PM     

it is good for a show car but other wise i do believe it is around 3 grand for a high quality set for the front (thats wut a magazine a saw said) it's expensive i knwo a few ppl who have it i don' know where u get the is it fun from though if u want fun get hydros or soemtihng but it is a slow lowering it will not bounce your car ect..

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
TheOdditie

Re: should i get air ride   Posted Thu May 9, 02   7:56 AM     

I don't know how the air cylinders are, but my friend has a bagged truck and its a blast. He hasn't put that much money in it and its pretty fast. If you get the right stuff I'm sure the cylinders can get the car off the ground some.

"We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world!"-Fight Club TheOdditie
LethalToy

Re: should i get air ride   Posted Thu May 9, 02   7:58 AM     

If ya wanna hop, then get fast bags with 3/8" lines and scuba tanks with a compressor. That will let you bounce and changed your ride height at the flick of the switch. I recommend the scuba tanks as they are relatively small but hold enough air for about 36-38 raise and lowers. If you don't want to run a compressor then you can just hit the gas station when you run low on air. The most trick system is 17-18" rims with a 30-40 series skin, 2-3" body drop, lowereing coils, frame connectors, nitro shocks, fastbags w/scubas - w/compressor - w/3/8" lines. The car drives like a dream, totally legal and completely adjustable. Hydros are illegal in most places and are a major fire hazard. As for expense....you can get a complete Fastbag setup for @ $2500 CAD if you install it yourself. Expect to pay @ $1500 to have someone else install it as it is labour intensive. Trust me, the systems are sweet and I have never met or heard of anyone that wasn't happy with their fastbags.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.