This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 386994

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  
DBLDREW
Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   9:57 AM     

Well it’s been a whole day and Str33tRacer obviously isn’t going to answer so….

To answer the question the forced induction motor would need a beefed up fuel system and here is why…

Now one would think that 500hp is 500hp regardless of how it is achieved, so on the surface one would think that if you can achieve your 500 hp goal on the naturally aspirated engine with 36lb injectors running at 45psi, why wouldn’t that same injector, pump and fuel pressure set up work for the forced induction engine, again if the 36lb injectors can supply enough fuel to produce the correct air fuel ratio to achieve the 500hp goal why wouldn’t it work on the same size engine that is forced inducted?

Well to understand why it won’t work you have to understand how fuel injection works. It’s really very simple, the fuel lines are pressurized, in this case at 45psi. Now all a fuel injector is, is a valve that opens and closes. So each injector will open and the pressure in the fuel line will force the fuel out of the injector, (think of it like your sink, turn on your sink water sprays out). So obviously the more fuel pressure you have the more fuel will flow through the injector, so if you are running 60psi you will get more fuel flowing through the injector then you would at 45psi, and likewise if you drop your fuel pressure down to 30psi you will get less fuel then you would at 45.

So here is where the problem comes in, with the naturally aspirated motor there is no manifold pressure so the difference between the fuel pressure (running at 45psi) and the manifold pressure is 45psi, so what that means is you have 45psi of pressure pushing the fuel out of the injector. But with a forced induction motor that is running 15psi of boost, you would have a manifold pressure of 15psi so the difference between the fuel pressure (45psi) and the manifold pressure (15psi) would be 30psi. So even though your running 45psi of fuel pressure your injectors will only be flowing enough fuel like it is actually flowing 30psi.

Now this is just touching on the main problem and there are others like the added heat of forced induction, the hp loss that is needed to spin the supercharger etc…

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
buddhakwake
Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:00 PM     

Nice, thank you for the lesson. It all makes sense once you hear it, but I wouldn't have thought about it. Teach more, I'm willing to learn.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Str33tRacer

Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:28 PM     

Yeahi know where pennsalvania or how ever you spell it is

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."
buddhakwake
Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:29 PM     

Pennsylvania.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Str33tRacer

Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:46 PM     

oh sorry i dont know how to spell some things believe it or not! LOL

buddhakwake
Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:50 PM     

Well, learn. There's no excuse with all the options on a computer to check spelling for you.

Str33tRacer

Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:52 PM     

you cant spell check on a forum!

buddhakwake
Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:54 PM     

So type it in another program, spell check it and cut and paste in into the forum.

Str33tRacer

Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:55 PM     

that would take tooooooo long plus im too lazy! LOL

buddhakwake
Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:55 PM     

Then you'll keep looking like an idiot.

Str33tRacer

Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:56 PM     

eah id rather look like an idiot than take too long to type forum message!

buddhakwake
Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   2:00 PM     

well, that's your prerogative.

Str33tRacer

Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   2:01 PM     

yeah thats just me lol!

Str33tRacer

Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   9:16 PM     

now what i got all this fireworks to early and i want to shoot it but i dont have a lighter what do i do?

buddhakwake
Re: I HATE IMPORT CARS!!!!!   Posted Sat Jul 1, 06   9:08 AM     

what you do is rub some sticks together really fast. That would give you fire.

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20