This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 5431

italian_ninja
Tokyo Drift   Posted Mon Jun 19, 06   10:37 PM     

What did you guys think of Tokyo Drift? I thought they focused too much on the main character and not enough on racing.
Vin Diesel was in that movie for like 30 seconds what is the point in paying him the kind of money you know they did for that length of time?
And is it just me or did the Evo 9 look like the 7 and 8?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Tokyo Drift   Posted Tue Jun 20, 06   1:10 AM     

I like the first one, it was an acutal good MOVIE. That and I know the guy who built the GSX's....

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: Tokyo Drift   Posted Tue Jun 20, 06   9:12 AM     

I haven’t seen the 3rd but my guess it’s just as retarded as the first 2. Some of those racing clips where so bad, it’s like they hired a bunch of 12 year olds to do the writing.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Lo_Profile

Re: Tokyo Drift   Posted Tue Jun 20, 06   12:20 PM     

i actually liked it a lil bit just not as good as the 1st or 2nd

[External Image Removed]
italian_ninja
Re: Tokyo Drift   Posted Tue Jun 20, 06   12:51 PM     

Oh come on they weren't that bad. I admit the races in the second one were bad, like the bridge jump and shit. But I thought the first one pretty good.

DBLDREW
Re: Tokyo Drift   Posted Tue Jun 20, 06   2:43 PM     

It could have been a lot better. It’s like the writers had no clue about racing. The problem is that it riddled with completely retarded comments like when Vin Diesel is giving his speech after the race making fun of O’Conner saying he was granny shifting rather then double clutching. Double clutching is used for downshifting not upshifting, moron! Or when the retard in the Jetta was racing that Asian guy and the Asian guy makes some retarded comment “too soon jr” in regards to the Jetta fag hitting the spray too soon. Like you would wait until the end of the race to give your car an extra 100+hp?!? Here’s a better idea spray right away and your car will run a faster time, idiots! Take out about a half dozen other retarded comments just like those and the movie would have been better.

This movie ranks up there with Days of Thunder. Just in case you have never seen Days of Thunder is a move about this midget Nascar racer played by that fag Tom Cruse. The only good part in that movie was when his partner Goose died in a plain accident. Of course Goose dieing might have been in that other move about a midget fighter pilot, but what ever they are basically the same movie.

The only good street racing style movies is American Graffiti.

Another good car movie is Smoky and the Bandit, mostly because of how manly Burt Reynolds mustache is, (and the lack of gay midgets played by Tom Cruse)

Edited by DBLDREW (Tue Jun 20, 06   6:44 PM)

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Tokyo Drift   Posted Tue Jun 20, 06   3:38 PM     

I believe you are being mistaken with "Top Gun" in regards to fighter piloting, and I have to double clutch to shift from second to third because my synchros are bad =( (basically from second to any gear above it really )

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: Tokyo Drift   Posted Tue Jun 20, 06   6:52 PM     

You wouldn’t need to double clutch on up shifts in a racing environment. As long as your shifting at redline there is no need to double clutch. So it’s still a retarded comment. The correct statement should have been granny shifting vs power shifting.

Str33tRacer

Re: The Fast And The Furious   Posted Tue Jun 20, 06   6:59 PM     

WTF?
Dus I'm glad you said somehting about all that shit in the first THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS I neer noticed
all that stuff. Thanks for pointing all that out. OH P.S.
you subject was set on Tokyo Drift!!!! That was pretty funny about the midgets about Tom Curse ( A.K.A. THE FAGGOT!!!)

Str33tRacer

Re: Tokyo Drift   Posted Tue Jun 20, 06   7:49 PM     

Yeah, you're right about the Evo and Vin Deisle too.
I just wish they still had Paul Walker in those movies but I guess it was that new director. GOD why did they have to have a new director. WHY!!!!!!!