This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 53397

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6)  
buddhakwake
Re: Lambo doors   Posted Tue May 23, 06   8:49 PM     

Let's see if I can end the damn definition arguement (I am very picky about semantics).

class ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kls)
n.
1. A set, collection, group, or configuration containing members regarded as having certain attributes or traits in common; a kind or category.
2. A division based on quality, rank, or grade, as:
a. A grade of mail: a package sent third class.
b. A quality of accommodation on public transport: tourist class.

3. a. A social stratum whose members share certain economic, social, or cultural characteristics: the lower-income classes.
b. Social rank or caste, especially high rank.
c. Informal. Elegance of style, taste, and manner: an actor with class.
4. A level of academic development, as in an elementary or secondary school.

5. a. A group of students who are taught together because they have roughly the same level of academic development.
b. A group of students or alumni who have the same year of graduation.
c. A group of students who meet at a regularly scheduled time to study the same subject.
d. The period during which such a group meets: had to stay after class.
6. Biology. A taxonomic category ranking below a phylum or division and above an order. See table at taxonomy.
7. Statistics. An interval in a frequency distribution.
8. Linguistics. A group of words belonging to the same grammatical category that share a particular set of morphological properties, such as a set of inflections.

According to the American Heritage Dictionary (as found on dictionary.com)

Both of you are right, but as when I argued with Rx about the size and power of the Civic Si engine, you are both working with different parts of the definition. Class as used by itself (without the word economic attached to it) MOST COMMONLY fits with the informal definition listed above. And, yes, when not based entirely on economics, George W. Bush is largely classless (or low class).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
SweetNeon

Re: Lambo doors   Posted Tue May 23, 06   9:08 PM     

whats the web site address for that page? What word did you type in to get that definition?

buddhakwake
Re: Lambo doors   Posted Tue May 23, 06   11:05 PM     

www.dictionary.com and the word I typed in was class.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
SweetNeon

Re: Lambo doors   Posted Wed May 24, 06   6:22 PM     

I am 100% correct, you need to type in Low class

buddhakwake
Re: Lambo doors   Posted Sat May 27, 06   9:30 AM     

There is no definition for "low class", but the definition of "low-class" as listed by the American Heritage Dictionary (same as the one I used for the definition of "class") says:

low-class (lkls)
adj.
1. Of or relating to the lower socioeconomic classes.
2. Vulgar or crude; common: was put off by their low-class behavior.

RX was referring to the second definition on the list, which is not in any way related to economic class. And if you think you are better because you are rich, then you are an asshole of the second-highest order (only bested by bigots/racists) and actually rather a despicable human being.

SweetNeon

Re: Lambo doors   Posted Sat May 27, 06   11:02 AM     

RX idiot was referring to bad spelling not vulgar comments, sounds like your ending up in the Idiot-class also, what a shame

buddhakwake
Re: Lambo doors   Posted Sat May 27, 06   11:18 AM     

Rx_otary_Se7en

Posts: 1148 Re: Lambo doors Posted Sun May 21, 06 11:19 AM [re: SweetNeon] Reply

No points of my argument were proven wrong. 1. You are illiterate: proven correct. 2: You are a low class human being: proven correct on the grounds of you being severely uneducated, your habit of assumption, your poor white trash attitude, and your excessive libel on these forums. You have not proven me wrong at all, and I dont think its possible that you can either until you take some English 52 classes with the rest of the dirt bike morons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

You really should know what you are talking about before you say something. This is from page 5 of the thread btw.

SweetNeon

Re: Lambo doors   Posted Sat May 27, 06   1:27 PM     

He also said

Re: Lambo doors Posted Mon May 22, 06 2:38 PM [re: SweetNeon] Reply

Even though he graduated from Yale, he is a complete fool. He is low class, but belongs to a high class family name.

Do you understand ya Idiot?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Lambo doors   Posted Sat May 27, 06   2:40 PM     

...and that is false on what grounds?

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
buddhakwake
Re: Lambo doors   Posted Sat May 27, 06   2:51 PM     

I don't think he knows what the fuck he's talking about anymore.

SweetNeon

Re: Lambo doors   Posted Sat May 27, 06   3:30 PM     

Hey watch your mouth ya low class junkie

SweetNeon

Re: Lambo doors   Posted Sat May 27, 06   4:04 PM     

What kind of responce is that? your starting to bore me

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Lambo doors   Posted Sun May 28, 06   1:32 PM     

Try reading a book, if you know how to.

[External Image Removed]
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6)