This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 2939

Unlucky_Z

RB20DET and the Little Z   Posted Thu Apr 20, 06   1:22 AM     

Wow... I dunno how to put this but ... Basiclaly I went to San diego.. picked up an RB20DET and i plan to shove it into my 240Z... I like this Idea

My Pony Car, 65' Stang , and my Jap Pony car, 240 Z .
buddhakwake
Re: RB20DET and the Little Z   Posted Thu Apr 20, 06   12:55 PM     

That's horrible. You would take what was likely one of the last real sports cars (ligthwieght, peppy, and not a whole lot of concern for safety) from the iron era and replace the engine? Where is the sense of history? That would be like taking a 67 Corvette and putting a modern Vette engine in it. It's sacrelige.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: RB20DET and the Little Z   Posted Thu Apr 20, 06   10:10 PM     

Ehhh.......fuck. Hes got a point, but for the sake of tuning, I dont think there is quite that much support for the 240. However, anybody with a 240 should be restoring it and not swapping it. Should have built the motor in it and made it clean.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
Unlucky_Z

Re: RB20DET and the Little Z   Posted Sun Apr 30, 06   12:57 AM     

I mean common now you know that would be kick ass. An old skool Vette with a New skool Vette Engine... It would Murder. sure its the most unsafe idea on earth but I'm tired of carburated crap. I need something that just pushes me into my seat and hell if i die at least i died doing something i loved. Plus on top of that The old peppy no safety concern 240Z, Theres Millions of them, Yeah theres RB20DET's to but I don't wanna get stuck with all the peppy carb. Z's I wanna make my own Custom Z. Thats what having a Project car is basicaly About right? sure you COULD restore it.. if your rich but this is the alternate way of getting a quick boost and a kick in the ass of speed. Plus theres plenty of other people out there doing crazier swaps.. Other Z owner Put a Titan Engine in his sooo you thats plenty more unsafe.

My Pony Car, 65' Stang , and my Jap Pony car, 240 Z .
Silo55
Re: RB20DET and the Little Z   Posted Sun Apr 30, 06   12:35 PM     

Peple also hae put vq35s in 240z and 280z...just a thought.