This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 18293

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
CamaroZ28

Re: fast civic   Posted Sun Apr 9, 06   8:22 PM     

Dude look at the fucking gauge...Dont ask me why its like that, fuck man all Im telling you is that the MPH is under the fucking KMH...why, mabe this pucnk ass bitch wants to look cool. Or mabe its the "Style"

Living life in the fast lane.....
rabidronin
Re: fast civic   Posted Sun Apr 9, 06   10:15 PM     

My guess is that he screwed with the speedometer.

Silo55
Re: fast civic   Posted Mon Apr 10, 06   1:23 PM     

Thats exactly what i was saying too dude.....My point was it had to be KPH above the MPH on the gauge.

CamaroZ28

Re: fast civic   Posted Mon Apr 10, 06   2:27 PM     

wasnt replying to you, I was replying to Rotary.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: fast civic   Posted Mon Apr 10, 06   2:42 PM     

I know you arent talking to me like that with that kind of language.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
CamaroZ28

Re: fast civic   Posted Mon Apr 10, 06   7:50 PM     

dont act like u dont do it.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: fast civic   Posted Tue Apr 11, 06   1:59 AM     

I hold a little bit more clout around here than you do.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
buddhakwake
Re: fast civic   Posted Tue Apr 11, 06   12:27 PM     

They are right, for some reason (who the fuck knows, maybe it's a custom guage) the km/h is on the outside (bigger numbers) and the mph is on the inside (little numbers). Now, there is nothing on there that actually identifies that as a Honda at all, let alone a civic, but whatever the fuck it is if the speedo is accurate it made 120 mph in 10-11 seconds, which is fucking fast (like lambo speed).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
CamaroZ28

Re: fast civic   Posted Tue Apr 11, 06   3:06 PM     

Sorry I was just having a bad day that day. Just was kinda annoyed at somethings and people, not you but yea, get sick of friends attitudes and shit.

CamaroZ28

Re: fast civic   Posted Tue Apr 11, 06   3:08 PM     

yea it hit aroudn 135 in about 13 sec which is pretty impressive. I wonder what half mile times would be. I wonder if cars would top end at half miles.

rollinonhubs

Re: fast civic   Posted Tue Apr 11, 06   4:11 PM     

when i first saw the video i thought it was a full blown drag car and had slicks but then i noticed that i had interior from the instrument panel and the upper polastic panels, guess i was wrong

SweetNeon

Re: fast civic   Posted Tue Apr 11, 06   6:49 PM     

I tuned a porsche with an engine management set up and you could mess with the setings to make the speedo get out of wack

buddhakwake
Re: fast civic   Posted Tue Apr 11, 06   7:50 PM     

Yeah, it doesn't take much to mess with a speedo, expecially if it is electronically operated, but even if it is totally analog. The easiest way is to put much smaller tires on a vehicle than it came with (i.e. putting 14 inch rims with 185/65 tires on a car that came with 18 inch rims and 225/45 tires).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
SweetNeon

Re: fast civic   Posted Wed Apr 12, 06   9:16 AM     

or put the car on a dyno or smog mechine with little drag and there ya go you can make a kia look like a porsche

DBLDREW
Re: fast civic   Posted Tue May 2, 06   10:50 AM     

Well he could have changed his ring and pinion (not sure if you can do that with a Honda). But I do think that the speedo is not accurate. It seems to me that he was racing a ¼ mile. He warmed up his tires pulled up a little (maybe up to the lights) and then launched. Now if you look at the time stamp on the video he launched at 23 sec into the video and then got off the gas at 37sec into the video at around 135 mph. So if he was in fact racing ¼ mile that would put him at a 14 sec ¼ mile run. Now if you are running around 14 sec your mph is typically under 100mph so if you are running 14 sec @ 135mph something isn’t right. My guess is either it has an inaccurate speedo or it is a ~12 sec ¼ mile car that was running farther then a ¼ mile.

But my gut is that he went with smaller tires like buddhakwake said or he changed his ring and pinion and the car is actually a slow car, if you are racing why would you just film your speedo?

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3