This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 3774

Rx_otary_Se7en

Operation H Swap   Posted Mon Apr 3, 06   2:35 PM     

So I decided to keep my car because my new job just doesnt allow me to make enough money to buy a new car. I have decided to swap an H22 into my slow LS Integra. I have created an extensive parts list including but not limited to, H22 shortblock, JDM type S pistons and valvetrain, 97+ prelude powersteering pump, 97+ alternator and distributor, 93 accord intermediary shaft to use with my current axle setup, 97+ prelude water,fuel, and oil pumps, with new belts 97+ prelude computer and wiring harness, B to H series adaptor plate for transmission, Hasport mounts with urethane inserts. I figure it will cost me about $1000 for all of that, and a few hundred more for labor. Im giddy.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: Operation H Swap   Posted Mon Apr 3, 06   2:37 PM     

Save your money and use the bottom end that is still in your car and turn it in to an LS/Vtec

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Operation H Swap   Posted Mon Apr 3, 06   5:43 PM     

When you compare prices and power, the H is the way to go. I would have to buy a Vtec head, $600+ (assuming it hasnt been beaten with), buy the conversion kit for $300, the water pump and brain, and then have a shop do it. Thats $1500 plus for maybe 160 crank horses with 130 lb/ft? With the H swap, I can get a full swap for the same price (or cheaper) and have it put in for a few hundred bucks (assuming I dont find the time to do it myself) Type S pistons will run me $300, and in the end, I spent around $1500-$2000 with instant 215 crank horses and 170 lb/ft. I plan to all motor it, and when I have exhausted my interest in that, slap a blower on it and call it a day. I did seriously consider doing an LSV a while ago, but people want too much for a head, and its reliability is sketchy, not to mention that VTEC is completely useless because of the 7k redline.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: Operation H Swap   Posted Mon Apr 3, 06   6:05 PM     

By the time your finished, your going to end up spending about a grand more on the H swap by far, ive seen LSv with stock internals make power past 8500 rpm.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Operation H Swap   Posted Mon Apr 3, 06   8:51 PM     

How is that possible when the stock redline is 6800k? 8k and you would throw a rod, even GSR's redline at 8. They sure as heck diddnt have stock internals. I can get an H22 longblock cheaper than a B series VTEC head, the accord intermediary is a cheap, the labor is cheap. Dont forget that I have an entire dismantling yard backing me up. Everything I get is gonna be cheap if not free, besides labor.

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: Operation H Swap   Posted Mon Apr 3, 06   9:15 PM     

its possable with a moded computer and fuel system with some bolt ons. You would bend some valves before you throw a rod. Ok junk yard boy the only way an H series swap would be cheeper is if you have that motor laying around then haveing to buy the B16 head. Whats the name of Salvage yard? in what area? Back in the 70s my grandfather had 12 wrecking yards in So-Cal.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Operation H Swap   Posted Tue Apr 4, 06   4:45 PM     

A modded computer and fuel system with bolt ons isn't stock. You wouldn't bend any valves, the head is meant to take that abuse (8400k plus RPM's, its a VTEC head, remember?) I wont give any names, but I will tell you that one of them is in Fontana.

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: Operation H Swap   Posted Tue Apr 4, 06   6:00 PM     

I said stock internals, meaning stock bottom end and stock cyl head-cams-valves-springs-ect..

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Operation H Swap   Posted Tue Apr 4, 06   7:06 PM     

I stand corrected on that note, but an LS block with a VTEC head stock, rods will still go first.

[External Image Removed]