This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 9494

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
JoKeRCiViC

is this illegal   Posted Tue May 7, 02   4:43 PM     

is it illegal to have flashing light in your car while driving it?

1969Stang
Re: is this illegal   Posted Tue May 7, 02   4:54 PM     

well no...because of your blinker..j/k...but if its a neon light or something like that and it is visible to people outside of your car (can be called a disruption) then yes it is illegal...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
novaboy

Re: is this illegal   Posted Tue May 7, 02   4:57 PM     

another note is that tweeker blinkers are leagal....as long as there not actual strobe lights you can blink your turns as fast or as slow as you want.

novaboy
LethalToy

Re: is this illegal   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:29 PM     

It doesn't just have to be visible to people outside of your vehicle as the cops say that it is a distraction to the driver. As for the speed of your signals, I agree with Nova. The speed that it flashes does not matter. As long as it flashes the correct color (I know that for a fact since i run clear signals with blue bulbs....$86 fine everytime ).

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
novaboy

Re: is this illegal   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:39 PM     

in california your alowed to have clear or yellow turns in the front and red or yellow in the back....yes you can have clear in the front....yes clear lenses and clear bulbs. just not blue bulbs. dont let a cop tell you other wise...its in the vehical code.

novaboy
LethalToy

Re: is this illegal   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:48 PM     

Up here your only allowed red or amber for tail lights, signal lights or running lights. Headlights can only emit white light and auxillaries can only emit white or amber light. Wattages have to be to spec also. We tend to get away with wattages due to the locale but colors are strictly enforced.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
Phatmatt

Re: is this illegal   Posted Tue May 7, 02   8:12 PM     

the laws keep changing over here. but I know in Mi there is NO:

-Clear signals
-Neon Street Glow (you can have em... you just can't drive with them on)
-Stobes in or out of the car

I still have neon, and havent taken heat for it yet.

racnmightymax

Re: is this illegal   Posted Tue May 7, 02   8:40 PM     

i have STROBE lights INSIDE of my truck and i cruise downtown with them ON and havn't gottn and chit from the cops i've had a couple drive right past me too they are bright too guess it's just my luck tho

CHEVY has added wires to the rear window to clear fog and frost. But FORD is adding the wire elements to the tailgates on all of their trucks to keeps your hands warm while you're pushing!
novaboy

Re: is this illegal   Posted Tue May 7, 02   10:48 PM     

i think that if your messing around then some cops will pull over and bust you for your lights kinda like a warning....if your just driving normal then they most likely theyre not gonna bust you for them...its just not worth there time. if you really had an annoying set up then theyll prolly just gve you a warning.

novaboy
integraracer9x
Re: is this illegal   Posted Wed May 8, 02   12:55 PM     

Damn, out here in Illinois, cops will pull you over for your intake sounding too loud. No lie. They can ticket you for Modified exhuast, Sound system too loud, Intake too loud, Strobes, Neons, and just about any other aftermarket thing you can think of. God damn... pigs...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
novaboy

Re: is this illegal   Posted Wed May 8, 02   7:33 PM     

there are no laws about tintake noise. quit griping about the cops...you dont even drive fag.

novaboy
integraracer9x
Re: is this illegal   Posted Thu May 9, 02   7:51 AM     

What the hell's wrong with you lately? You used to be so cool. Then suddenly your tearing into everyone. Fuck off ass wipe. I think I heard your bitch calling, you'd better get off the computer before she refuses to put out for a week.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
sweetdevil
Re: is this illegal   Posted Thu May 9, 02   8:05 AM     

gee, that would be awful huh Nova? lol... look, no one's here starting shit so someone has to. Just ignore hi u don't like him. Nova's a cool guy, just goes off on the kids a lot!

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
integraracer9x
Re: is this illegal   Posted Thu May 9, 02   9:04 AM     

Your probably right... Sorry nova, just watch what you say to other veteran posters...

novaboy

Re: is this illegal   Posted Thu May 9, 02   12:59 PM     

you know for some reason i thoiught i made that reply to hooyeah. sorry. pluss im still biffed bout the gsx.

novaboy
Pages in this thread: (1) 2